Wiki Posts
Search

MIA "in terminal" car rental

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
MIA "in terminal" car rental

Are there any car rental agencies left IN TERMINAL at MIA , or they have all been moved at the Consolidated Rental Car Centre @ 3900 NW 25 St??
Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 3:48 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I'll move to the Travel->Florida forum for discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by ticu
Are there any car rental agencies left IN TERMINAL at MIA , or they have all been moved at the Consolidated Rental Car Centre @ 3900 NW 25 St??
Thanks!
AFAIK they all have relocated to the Rental Car Center. That damn overcrowded bus is going to be eventually replaced by the Airtrain, which will make the jaunt much quicker and easier (unless you need to take a steamtrunk with you when traveling.)
Old Jun 9, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
AFAIK they all have relocated to the Rental Car Center. That damn overcrowded bus is going to be eventually replaced by the Airtrain, which will make the jaunt much quicker and easier (unless you need to take a steamtrunk with you when traveling.)
According to The Miami Herald, the MIA Mover should start operation in September. Until then, have fun riding the bus/competing with the bus on surface streets.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
But this is a HUGE improvement over when they were all located off-airport in that scummy neighborhood that you could never find on your way back and which took ages to get to. The new place is clean, modern, nice, efficient. ^
Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
But this is a HUGE improvement over when they were all located off-airport in that scummy neighborhood that you could never find on your way back and which took ages to get to. The new place is clean, modern, nice, efficient. ^
+1. A HUGE improvement indeed.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I remember getting lost trying to find Alamo and Thrifty. Thifty was especially inconvienent.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
But there is a caveat and that is that the trip from the rental center to many of the terminals is quite time-consuming since the approach enters at the AA side. If you need to go over to G, H, or J, it would be best for you to budget an extra ten minutes or so.

At its best, the new shuttle trolley (train?) is a frustratingly slow dinky with long headways. As a DL and AF flyer, I am not in love with dropping a rental car down there.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Question Which car rental company at MIA

AFAIK they all have relocated to the Rental Car Center.
Does this mean there is nothing to chose between the companies as far as convenience is concerned?

I need a mid-size SUV for a week over Easter - Alamo cheapest but dollar and budget not much more if there was a real reason for choosing one of them.

As usual - thanks in advance for advice.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bmi Gold
Does this mean there is nothing to chose between the companies as far as convenience is concerned?

I need a mid-size SUV for a week over Easter - Alamo cheapest but dollar and budget not much more if there was a real reason for choosing one of them.

As usual - thanks in advance for advice.
Alamo has self serve kiosks and others do not (IMHO its because those agencies want to sell you a bunch of unneeded add ons.) Lines to car rental companies without kiosks are usually out of control at MIA (particularly Hertz.)
Old Mar 14, 2012, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alamo has self serve kiosks and others do not (IMHO its because those agencies want to sell you a bunch of unneeded add ons.) Lines to car rental companies without kiosks are usually out of control at MIA (particularly Hertz.)
If you have a Hertz Gold club memebership you can avoid lines all-together at MIA.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I have a choice between Alamo premium class car or Avis full size car. Price is about the same. Would Avis be much easier to get to than Alamo that it is worth it downgrading from premium to full size?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Originally Posted by opus2002
I have a choice between Alamo premium class car or Avis full size car. Price is about the same. Would Avis be much easier to get to than Alamo that it is worth it downgrading from premium to full size?
They are both in the RCC so no difference. Lines as others have said are long at MIA so Alamo with the kiosks can get you out sooner.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:19 am

I read a lot about long lines at MIA, but as this post is fairly old, I'd like to get an update, if someone can provide it.

I'm arriving June 17th (a Wednesday) at around 8PM, and have a car reserved at Budget. Should I expect an extremely long wait time, or could it be that I'm lucky, and get through quickly on this particular date and time? Unfortunately I'm not able to become a Fastbreak member, since I'm from Denmark.
Old May 22, 2015, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AllanAa
I read a lot about long lines at MIA, but as this post is fairly old, I'd like to get an update, if someone can provide it.

I'm arriving June 17th (a Wednesday) at around 8PM, and have a car reserved at Budget. Should I expect an extremely long wait time, or could it be that I'm lucky, and get through quickly on this particular date and time? Unfortunately I'm not able to become a Fastbreak member, since I'm from Denmark.
I would plan on a long wait. The rental car facility at MIA is always packed. I take the train to the rental center (also takes you to the rail and bus area) and its always jammed packed,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.