Search

First timer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / OWS
First timer

Hi,

I'm heading out to Asia in December for first time with AY.

I selected seats a week or so ago but when I log back in although it shows selected seats as I requested, when I look at the seat map it displays an X in my seat to show that it is allocated rather than tick to show it is the seat I've reserved. I tried selecting an alternative and it added a tick to that seat and left an X in the previous seat. Am I misunderstanding the site or do AY not honour seat selections? Not sure if it makes any different but I am OWS through BA.

My other question is where I can find details of what some of the food options in the long-haul part of the booking are. For instance, what is the 'Food Lovers Treat?" or the 'Chef's Gourmet'? Let alone 'Option 1', 'Option 2' or 'Option 3'?!

Thanks for any advice.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:00 pm

Unfortunately AY does not show your selected seat on the seatmap. And not even anywhere on the seatmap page. But the chosen seat is still reserved for you.

At the moment I am not seeing the food selection option at all (AY's web site is quite flaky at times). But there should be a link above the food selection that opens a page describing the meal options.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
You should be able to see what options 1/2/3 are by clicking the link named "this link" in MMB. Check this post where to find it
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28121688-post194.html

It doesn't always work, but you can also contact the airline and get menu that way.

Longer discussion about longhaul pre-order is here
What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

For the three named specials you can look here
https://www.finnair.com/FI/GB/inform...pre-order-meal

To find them on that page you need to open a text block called "international business class flights departing helsinki"
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
If you go into manage my booking and then click on the travel extras you can see your seat

I must admit I gave up the search to find what the chef's gourmet choice might be on my flight in December but may try nearer the time - I can order but not see what the options are which ain't exactly helpful
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:42 am

Do you know how long before the flight one can see the options as to what is availab;e?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No. They are supposed to be there all the time, unless your flight is departing after next scheduled menu change. But lately it seems working less reliable. Try a week or two before your departure. Or call.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:57 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Yes it seems to be very unreliable now, for my last two flights no menus online and again same for my upcoming Singapore. No big deal for midnight departure so didn't bother to ask/call but one would imagine they would get this fixed, been hit and miss quite a while now.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:21 am

Thanks, I have put a note in my diary this will be my first flight with Finnair and had no idea what to expect or even look for and never previously pre ordered

-although many years ago Air Lanka cooked a wonderful curry for me after I had mentioned when re-confirming (that dates me) what a shame it was that all the food was western

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.