AY to Xi'an - Service in J

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:43 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
AY to Xi'an - Service in J

Hi all,

My last long-haul AY experience dates back a bit less than a year ago, where I did a return trip to BKK on the A350, in J. I loved it and I am looking forward to next month, as I will be flying an A330 to Xi'an, again in J.
I did not research yet best seats and such, but I looked at service a bit and I am worried I will get a Business Light experience,as Xi'an is a seasonal-leisure route. I would appreciate if anybody with recent experience could describe the service on this route ?
I looked at the recent thread on a mini trip report in C and it seems to me that the normal service is also lighter than it was a year ago ?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Hi all,

My last long-haul AY experience dates back a bit less than a year ago, where I did a return trip to BKK on the A350, in J. I loved it and I am looking forward to next month, as I will be flying an A330 to Xi'an, again in J.
I did not research yet best seats and such, but I looked at service a bit and I am worried I will get a Business Light experience,as Xi'an is a seasonal-leisure route. I would appreciate if anybody with recent experience could describe the service on this route ?
I looked at the recent thread on a mini trip report in C and it seems to me that the normal service is also lighter than it was a year ago ?
I had one of the first flights this year and it had the regular service. I was possitively surprised.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

That is good to read
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
what is "business light"

surely business is business on any long haul flight although seating may vary by plane
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:01 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Reduced service on certain destinations: lighter meal typically.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...nesslight.html
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:15 am

Wow, Glad I have not booked one of these - Finnair have already lost me as a potential regular customer and I have not even boarded my first flight with them yet by the way they have handled (or not) the change of flight time

never ever heard of such an offering presumably I would be unlikely to get 3 breakfasts before arrival off an overnight.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
It seems that not only AY offers BusinessLight on certain flights, but this review I just read resembles AY BusinessLight -concept very much, and it is Cathay Pacific: https://theluxurytravelexpert.com/20...s/#prettyPhoto
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:22 am

I just do not understand this business lite thing at all if an airline wants me to upgrade from economy to business and pay for it I want to receive a quality product and service

I must say that The two chinese breakfasts I had on CX (manchester to HK) were superb but their Western one was terrible and even on the "baby plane" on to Cebu the service was excellent
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:49 am
np1

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Hi all,
I would appreciate if anybody with recent experience could describe the service on this route ?
Flew the route 3 weeks ago and it was the full set, not the light and no issue ordering a soup and a starter, or 2 desserts. Business was not exactly full either way (The minicabin just for me)
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:11 am

I was looking at the Finnair as again they change my flight times and saw this regarding meals - there is nothing to say look elsewhere and is explicit as to the offering

As a Business Class passenger on one of our intercontinental flights, you’ll receive two high quality meals during your journey. Your main meal will comprise an appetizer or soup, main course (three alternatives), cheese and dessert. You can also choose from a wide selection of breads, and you’ll find that our carefully selected beverages and award-winning wines complement the menu perfectly. Throughout your flight, we’ll also serve coffee, as well as an extensive range of teas.

There is no mention of any business light or exceptions to the above
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Maybe other posters in this thread weren't clear enough. "Business light" is a term that frustrated FT'ers have coined then they feel the promise of "two high quality meals" wasn't fulfilled.

It is not an official concept of Finnair, but it is a fact that the quantity and quality of the meals differ by route and time of day. If you take a look at the thread that was linked above you can see what other said about it.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...nesslight.html
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:10 am

Indeed quality and quantity do vary with all airlines as you say but Finnair should be more precise in what they say on their web as to what I might expect to receive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.