Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA do not honor AY status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
IMO BA's SIN lounge is quite good, actually.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Currently in the CX lounge at SFO. Got in with a smile even if AY has AF as a contract lounge. CX have been smart – inside the lounge, there are two sections, not F and J but CX and the rest. So everyone gets in but probably CX pax get something extra. A concept for BA to try out?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:58 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by ffay005
Currently in the CX lounge at SFO. Got in with a smile even if AY has AF as a contract lounge. CX have been smart – inside the lounge, there are two sections, not F and J but CX and the rest. So everyone gets in but probably CX pax get something extra. A concept for BA to try out?
BA lounges in SFO are quite large and I do not recall having been refused access by AY plat card.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by intuition
While that may be true, the "deny entry due to lounge full" relies on a faît accompli state - "Now the lounge is full and so at this point it is not possible to let you in, despite you have access rights".
says who? I cannot see anything in the OW 'rules' that dictates that particular reading. What the OW website says is that "some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result." IMO, this allows for a lounge capacity management policy based on anticipated number of users even if, at the particular moment in time, the lounge is not yet full, as suggested by MADPhil. There is nothing moronic in that. It is called capacity management, something you would expect a sensible lounge manager to implement. It is not unreasonable, as part of that policy, for the airline to give priority to its own passengers, especially if the airline on which the passenger who is being denied entry is flying has made arrangements for use of another lounge.

That said, I am a bit dubious about the particular case of AB at ORD. Does the AB flight not leave a long time before the first BA flight does, thereby suggesting that there are no genuine capacity issues?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by NickB
IMO, this allows for a lounge capacity management policy based on anticipated number of users even if, at the particular moment in time, the lounge is not yet full, as suggested by MADPhil.
And in my mind it does not. When the lounge is busy, then access is restricted. There is a causality.

And my main point is that the concept of a future anticipated busy period leads to arbitrary implementations, shown by the fact that customer A gets denied on the claim that the lounge is full, while customer B, standing right behind A, is allowed to enter.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by TTL
BA lounges in SFO are quite large and I do not recall having been refused access by AY plat card.
It's about the size of an international gate departure area. When BA boards the flight directly from the lounge, it's usually really full in the BA lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by WorldLux
It's about the size of an international gate departure area. When BA boards the flight directly from the lounge, it's usually really full in the BA lounge.
With an F section the size of a bedroom.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
Don't forget the sapphires in steerage. I am currently enjoying the new AA Flagship lounge before shifting over. It's nice and quiet but was apparently a madhouse over the weekend. They should have Fever Tree but all except the club soda was consumed. Still the Bollinger is quite nice.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:31 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by remymartin
Large bedrooms You have !
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by TTL
Large bedrooms You have !
Only when traveling!

It would be a sin not to visit the Cx lounge in SFO, though!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by TTL
According to Finnair.com, both AF and CX lounges are contracted.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
According to Finnair.com, both AF and CX lounges are contracted. So nothing to see here.

(I assume we were on the same flight, but I was in Y+.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.