Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Promotion: 20K points for 20 partner purchases: 15 Jan. to 31 Mar. 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trav1970
Finnair promo to increase awareness of the AY+ partners.

Promo was originally reported in the new promotions thread, but triggered major discussion and found a new home here.

The "New promotions" thread works best for reporting details of promotions and serves as a repository of current and historical promos.

Part of the AY+ vendors award points for purchases made from the vendor, others allow points redemption of awards (such as restaurant vouchers) only.

Vendors from which points can be received through purchases:
-Belizia (Samsonite suitcases, etc.)
-Decanter (Kitchen supplies)
-Moomin Shop (All kinds of Moomin materials)
-RTV-yhtymä (Hardware store)
-SSP Finland (Restaurants at Helsinki airport, minimum 15 € purchase)
-Tax Free Plus
-Timanttiset
-Finnair Plus Shop (Home deliveries only, beware of 6 € delivery fee)
-Lentoparkki (Airport parking)
-Suomen Urheiluopisto (Vierumäki)
-Joutsen stores (Dove coats, etc. but apparently cheapest item is 12 € dove shampoo)
-Various hotel chains
-Various car rental companies

Relatively effective points redemptions:
-Lippu.fi, 250 points minimum spend
-Finnkino, 400 points minimum spend

Credit cards etc., points awarded for card usage
-AY Co Branded cards
-Stockmann loyalty card
Print Wikipost

Promotion: 20K points for 20 partner purchases: 15 Jan. to 31 Mar. 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The DC spend will show up only when your monthly points post (around the 11th of each month) so no need to check the meter after specific transactions
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I was in Helsinki today doing some purchases. Best spot was Moomin shop but I also found something at Decanter, bought one product at Joutsen and went to Patricia. The last spot was a little bit frustrating. Not that I didn't find anything, but the manager(?) refused to let me use more than 2 cards. So only two purchases there.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: AY Silver
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I was in Helsinki today doing some purchases. Best spot was Moomin shop but I also found something at Decanter, bought one product at Joutsen and went to Patricia. The last spot was a little bit frustrating. Not that I didn't find anything, but the manager(?) refused to let me use more than 2 cards. So only two purchases there.
What did you find at Joutsen?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FossilFlyer
What did you find at Joutsen?
I bought the down shampoo. 12€, not cheap. But I will use it.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AY Silver
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I bought the down shampoo. 12€, not cheap. But I will use it.
Darn, that was the cheapest I could find on the website but was hoping for something cheaper instore!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I can also post that the infamous airport Moomin shop posted very fast. I think I stay with my 10k, don't bother going extra mile (=time) for 15k
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Looking at options outside my typical travel patterns, IHG brand hotels seem to be on the list of partners counting towards the 20 partners. A couple of questions in case someone would know the answer:
1) It's stated that AY+ points are not awarded for "certain rate types". Are corporate rates excluded? -----> Confirmed when making a reservation: Corporate rates are OK.
2) There are multiple hotel brands included on the list of partners. Do they all count individually, ie do the points post so that the hotel brand is visible on the AY+ points statement? If not, staying at two different IHG brand hotels might only count as one partner.

Last edited by Trav1970; Feb 26, 2017 at 5:35 am Reason: Answering own question #1
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
What's the difference between "SEB SMF Master Card" and "SEB MasterCard"? I got both marked as used services. I also don't have the DC card on the list at all, even though the last points transaction is 30.1. What's up with that?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
SEB SMF Master Card refers to Diners card according to my data and other's posts.
Incorrect, but it seems.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Trav1970
2) There are multiple hotel brands included on the list of partners. Do they all count individually, ie do the points post so that the hotel brand is visible on the AY+ points statement? If not, staying at two different IHG brand hotels might only count as one partner.
No, they don't count individually. When they post, there's no brand name in the transaction.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Points from my purchases at Moomin, RTV & Timanttiset all posted promtly. ^

Wifey got her Decanter points (she paid with cash + showed her AY card), but I´m still waiting for my points to post (paid with AY DC)... Has anyone experienced the same?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by FFlash
SEB SMF Master Card refers to Diners card according to my data and other's posts.
Incorrect, but it seems.
I have only have the Finnair DC, and it indeed is listed as "SEB SMF Master Card".
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Points from my purchases at Moomin, RTV & Timanttiset all posted promtly. ^

Wifey got her Decanter points (she paid with cash + showed her AY card), but I´m still waiting for my points to post (paid with AY DC)... Has anyone experienced the same?
Yes, decanter has to manually enter the number even if using AY DC.

You can email them the receipt and they can correct it. Emails are listed on their sie for each shop
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I have only have the Finnair DC, and it indeed is listed as "SEB SMF Master Card".
That is odd, as I have AY DC card and it is listed as "SEB Diners Club used".
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Points from my past Hilton stay was credited today, but the Services used -page hasn't been updated.
With MC and DC and all other points usage the count has previously updated immediately. So is there once again some problem with AY IT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.