Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY co-branded Mastercard for Finns

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005

To those of you who've got the card: if I don't use the credit option, ie pay the full amount before the due date, will there be zero fees? No interest, no invoicing fees?
That`s right, no fees if you pay full amount. I do the same and havent`t seen any extra fees.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Leo123
That`s right, no fees if you pay full amount. I do the same and havent`t seen any extra fees.
Great, thanks! ^
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Little OT but... I also always paid full amount myself till due date, never used the "credit option", so my credit cards are basically only milking points, never an issue with payment. I wonder how many people actually use the credit option
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by ffay005
Well, thanks to this topic I applied for the Mastercard. The "you've been approved" email came in seconds, so the process must be automated. The PIN SMS should come within a couple of days.
The SMS came today. Now let's see when the card arrvives.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:20 am
Original Poster

And today I got the card in post.

So it took about one week from application sent to card arriving home, excluding weekends and holidays.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If only the card offered double points on spend with finnair and/or voiding CC fee on AY purchase. (Yeah i know i am repeating myself - just hoping finnair is listening).

I actually need a new card but this one is so MEH...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by FFlash
And today I got the card in post.

So it took about one week from application sent to card arriving home, excluding weekends and holidays.
Same story here! Received the MC today ^
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
If only the card offered double points on spend with finnair and/or voiding CC fee on AY purchase. (Yeah i know i am repeating myself - just hoping finnair is listening).

I actually need a new card but this one is so MEH...
Seems amex has 100k points offer in sweden if anything for yuor liking
Again no amex-love for Finns

I think positive though, I have now 2 AY black cards! Or even 3 counting the plain version. To impress well then the black K-Plussa does not look so stylish in the same pocket
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
Seems amex has 100k points offer in sweden if anything for yuor liking
Well, yeah, but like you stated in the OP, I too want to get a card that is accepted everywhere and that does not incur hefty fees, so Amex really doesn't fit that bill. And since I currently spend quite a few € with Finnair, I would have appreciated if the Finnair card actually rewarded me for that.

-- Added
True there is a 100k welcome bonus for a min 15k SEK spend on generic Amex gold in SE. 100k MR points is said to be worth 500SEK, so that bonus is a 3,3% cashback. Not too bad, but only if yearly fee is voided.

Last edited by intuition; Jan 9, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: AY Silver
I have a couple of questions about the Danske Bank Visa card mentioned earlier in the thread, as I don't think there is a separate AY Visa thread?

- Presumably the 10000 points aren't also awarded to a partner/parallel/same account additional card?
- Are the Finnair points for spend on a partner/parallel/same account additional card added to the second persons Finnair account, or do they all go into the primary account holders?
- And as far as I can tell, the 10000 points arrives after 2 months not in the second year as suggested earlier in the thread?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
SEB AY MasterCard seems also to work in Danske's MobilePay app so you can even earn AY points when sending money to friends etc! ^
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Furry
SEB AY MasterCard seems also to work in Danske's MobilePay app so you can even earn AY points when sending money to friends etc! ^
So let's play money ping-pong to earns some points
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Furry
Hmh, interesting. With AY Nordea MC for example all transactions at Forex are marked as "nosto" and do not accumulate any points.

OTH my understanding was that any Visa/MC would work with MobilePay.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Not sure if it's too wise to post that here... might get the earnings enhanced at some point.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by esledo
Hmh, interesting. With AY Nordea MC for example all transactions at Forex are marked as "nosto" and do not accumulate any points.

OTH my understanding was that any Visa/MC would work with MobilePay.
Ok, it might be that I draw a conclusion too early, as I just used it for the very first time. It would make sense them to use the same system as the categorization comes from PoS side.

-> so card works but you don't earn any points just as with cash withdrawals.

All Visa/MC work with MobilePay but it has to be issued by a Finnish bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.