Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK lounges for AY+ & OW travellers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Update - at checkin, we were given the usual Louis Tavern First Class voucher. We used it to get in the Miracle lounge (noticed the AY logo on the board), at the very beginning of the G concourse (way before the CX lounge, but on the right hand side). The receptionist said that we could also go to the lounge near G2, where they have showers and toilets, but we decided to try this one. Good sized and peaceful lounge with pancake machine

A totally off-topic note - I had some superfluous Fast Track immigration cards that we used on our inbound (TG flight) I got in without incident, but the Mrs was lectured by the immigration agent that she's not supposed to use the Fast Track channel, if she flew in on TG but the invitation was issued by AY. In the end she passed, but said it was embarassing
Attached Images  
Old Dec 24, 2016, 2:43 pm
Vik

Another vote for the CX lounge. The noodle bar is one of my favourite things in any airport lounge!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Last time (April) I still could enter the Qatar lounge - which I find superior to the very good Cathay lounge since it s way quieter and you have a self service bar.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Plat (OWE) + a few other noble metal ones
I am currently sitting in the Oman Air lounge at BKK. Near E gates, Diners lounge so should be relevant at least to AY+ Plats and most Golds (Priority Pass too, I think).

Better than most business class lounges, but inferior to many (true) 1st class ones. For instance, bubbly is good sparkling wine but not champage. One shower. At this hour almost empty of visitors.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ksytsi; Feb 18, 2017 at 12:56 am
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How did you get in? AY status or DC card? Or actually flying WY, which I hear is excellent in the front?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
How did you get in? AY status or DC card? Or actually flying WY, which I hear is excellent in the front?
DC card. OW status alone is not sufficient.
(But in practice visit is fully free for AY+ Plats, and for Golds, too (except for the nominal DC annual fee) - assuming they have bothered to request the DC card. Alternatively I could have used my Priority Pass, I guess.)

I think this may be one the best lounge choices available at BKK for most AY etc pax, if not even the best.

- Cheers from on-board OH-LWA, AY-96 BKK-HEL.

BTW, beware: both last week and coming week AY-95/96 is (planned to be) operated with A-300, for Sun-Wed :-(

Last edited by Ksytsi; Feb 18, 2017 at 5:04 am
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Ksytsi

BTW, beware: both last week and coming week AY-95/96 is (planned to be) operated with A-300, for Sun-Wed :-(
Ooh thanks God, I´m flying BKK-HEL next week ;-).
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Going to be a really nostalgic ride, then!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:04 am

As I guess is clear, I meant Airbus 330-300, aka 333. AY ones seem to be from '09-'10, so actually not that pre-historic...
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DC card. OW status alone is not sufficient.
Great! I have an upcoming 5 hrs layover in BKK, will check it out. (Does anyone have any idea about SkyTeam options in BKK? - I'm flying out on KQ Kenya Ariways (!) and could use my AZ Elite+ card)
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
I am currently sitting in the Oman Air lounge at BKK. Near E gates, Diners lounge so should be relevant at least to AY+ Plats and most Golds (Priority Pass too, I think).

Better than most business class lounges, but inferior to many (true) 1st class ones. For instance, bubbly is good sparkling wine but not champage. One shower. At this hour almost empty of visitors.
Tried the Oman Air lounge last weekend and it is truly a very nice, positive exception to the wide variety of BKK lounges. Quite small with ~25 seats only but very intimate, clean and fresh looking with brand new carpets and furniture, 2 toilets and one shower. It was mid-morning and only one couple besides us, the offerings are standard snacks, sandwiches and fruits etc., 2-3 wines and a huge array of hard booze. If you want a noodle bar go somewhere else.
Overall impression after many other BKK lounges was positive, free of charge with AY DC card for Plats and Golds.
WY has 2 departures daily ex BKK and the lounge may be more crowded then but during our visit at 10:00 AM it was deserted.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was turned away from the WY lounge with my black DC... went to the AF lounge instead, rather good one. They let me in even without a boarding pass, as the KQ transfer desk was not yet open at the time.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I was turned away from the WY lounge with my black DC... went to the AF lounge instead, rather good one. They let me in even without a boarding pass, as the KQ transfer desk was not yet open at the time.
Did you ask them why they denied access? WY lounge is still listed as DC lounge:
https://www.dinersclub.com/clubmembe...s-class-lounge

It is a very small lounge and could easily get (over)crowded and access restrictions may be reasonable, particularly before WY own departures at 09:00 AM and PM.

EDIT: didn't consider your note: "They let me in even without a boarding pass..."
They insisted to see my boarding pass (AY) when visited last month, this may be the reason of denial.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Mar 28, 2017 at 7:13 am
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
EDIT: didn't consider your note: "They let me in even without a boarding pass..."
They insisted to see my boarding pass (AY) when visited last month, this may be the reason of denial.
It was AF that let me in without a boarding pass (Skyteam) but with ticket and ST E+ card.

With WY we didn't even get so far as mention the bp, they just said that the DC lounge is the xxx lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.