Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair status?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
Deleted by OP

Last edited by Thalassa; Sep 7, 2016 at 11:17 am Reason: Deleted due to posting in the wrong thread
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
Originally Posted by Hartsa
Used the same perk earlier this year when I got my AY+ Gold card and it worked great. Just emailed AY+ Gold line and the change was made within an hour or so.
Am trying the same thing right now -- sent the email yesterday. Interesting to see if it works still.

EDIT: yes, it still works. Just got a notice that they returned me the points and used the expiring voucher. Plus I am getting my Economy Comfort payment back.

Cheers,
T.

Last edited by Thalassa; Sep 7, 2016 at 11:55 am Reason: Added more info
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:20 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Did not find the thread to discuss overage of status points... but are there any perks at 200,000 or 250,000? Latter will be evident during this hunting season, but could stretch it up to 300,000 or 350,000 if worthwhile.

OT: Lufty´s program begins to seem less and less appealing as the time goes by. Upgrades by points or vouchers only possible for flights in S (go figure their booking classes - not possible to see in time of booking) or above (costing significant amounts of currency).
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
There was last year at 200k, 300k and a few other tiers.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
This year/month still the same - at 200k I chose 40k points (more flexible usage than 4x EUR upgrade voucher and no expiry). Looking at 300k before this year is out
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:41 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
How soon after passing the threshold AY approached? For me over a week ago 200000 and no contact.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
E-mail comes the month after you pass the "milestone" (that's the word AY CS uses, btw) I'd say around the 10th it should come.

There's a direct link, too, but I lost it - does anyone still have it? There you can plug in your AY number and chose your gift.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
It's crazy. I still vividly remember the days as AY Lifetime (or so I thought) Basic thinking even Silver status was way out of my reach. I only thought the best of the most successful businetic people earn status and especially that Plats are some kind of millionaires.

Well, after careful planning of getting Silver and executing the plan I quickly realised moving between tiers was really easy and actually quite affordable.
Quite affordable? I will barely qualify for OW's lowest tier next year. It would be twice as expensive to get to mid-tier ($6,000 spend).
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
I will barely qualify for OW's lowest tier next year. It would be twice as expensive to get to mid-tier ($6,000 spend).
This must be AA thing?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
Quite affordable? I will barely qualify for OW's lowest tier next year. It would be twice as expensive to get to mid-tier ($6,000 spend).
Yes. I did OWE for around 3-4k but it can be done for as low as 2k.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:55 am

Are tier benefits lost immediately at the end of tracking period if one doesn't requalify or is there some kind of transfer period?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
Are tier benefits lost immediately at the end of tracking period if one doesn't requalify or is there some kind of transfer period?
There's a (unofficial) soft landing so depending on your tier you get one or two years of some perks.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
.. but there is no grace period, right?
If your membership year ends JAN 31 and you are downgraded, all perks of the old tier are gone by FEB 01.
The printed grace period on the tier card is only to overlap before the renewed card is sent out.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The Finnair DC card lasts two months after the end of the period, though?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:52 am

Did you agree that there's no grace period after membership year ends? Somehow I trust this forum more than Finnair customer service so I havent't bothered to ask them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.