Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing final leg on Finnair

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
...and yet the last 4 dates as provided by yourself show delays of, respectively, 2h48m, 4h34m, 8h34m and 8h09m.

Not shown on your list is 9AUG when the flight arrived with a delay of 2h19m.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:33 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
What FR24 lists as the jan7 flight is probably the jan 6 flight, being delayed past midnight and thus listed as jan 7. If you look closer there is no Jan 8 flight listed on FR24.

--- Added
And indeed AY69 of Jan 6 was flown by OH-LQB. So FR24 lacks the important data - I assume they just collect en masse and throws away data they cannot interpret. And they list the flight under what date they first saw it and do not cross-reference time table data.

Last edited by intuition; Aug 16, 2016 at 10:38 am
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Yeah, Flightradar mixes days during the normal time and shows sixtyniners departure time as 00:40(+1) which is wrong, 23:40 is right.
When DST, times in FR24 are ok.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by irishguy28
...and yet the last 4 dates as provided by yourself show delays of, respectively, 2h48m, 4h34m, 8h34m and 8h09m.

Not shown on your list is 9AUG when the flight arrived with a delay of 2h19m.
The issue was not delays in general, but how often departure of AY69 has been delayed till next morning, and risks OP to be rerouted on AY81 to SIN and onwards to SGN instead of AY69 to HKG.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
ffay005, you make it sound very unnormal that AY69 is operated on schedule Yes, it is correct that AY69 is the flight mostly affected if something goes wrong, but after all it is not very common.
I suppose it really boils down to how bad a last-minute delay is in each case. If I was going to HKG for a week's vacation, then the delay wouldn't be such a bad thing – it doesn't happen every day and with a chance of 1/30 (if that's this year's result so far) I'd be willing to take the chance.

But in some cases, the consequences are bigger. Let me give you an example. I'm planning a trip to Fiji next summer. My options are HEL-SIN-NAN or HEL-HKG-NAN. The latter would be ideal since AY lands at 14:30 and FJ departs 16:55. But I'm not considering this a viable alternative since the 8-hour delay, while perhaps not very likely, is still very much possible and would ruin the plans. There are only five weeklies HKG-NAN and there's no guarantee that they'll have empty seats in J the next day. So HEL-SIN-NAN, with a schedule that's a lot worse and with only two weeklies on FJ, will have be my choice.

As for MANCHESTER's case, I have no idea how bad the consequences of such a delay on AY69 would have for him but I definitely think this is something for him – and all of us, for that matter – to bear in mind when planning.

Any flight could be late – but you can at least try to improve your odds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.