Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Premium lounge access for Gold discontinued ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium lounge access for Gold discontinued ?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Shiit. I just booked a 6 hour layover instead of 2 hours (ok, it was also 100€ cheaper) just to do some work and to enjoy Premium lounge offerings. Now must do Burger King for lunch + Business Lounge to survive it.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Then the problem in peak hours is solved! All AY+ Golds go proactively to Diners lounge!
I will visit Business lounge after two weeks just to compare but will return for pancakes.
But then, AY would not like Golds going to the Diners lounge, since they might suspect that they come back to AY lounge as well, hopping! Remember that Ay told us during the AY meet-up that they do not like lounge hoppers (and the young bold and brave cistavoda turned red and raised his hand like a man )
Old May 16, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Furry
Shiit. I just booked a 6 hour layover instead of 2 hours (ok, it was also 100€ cheaper) just to do some work and to enjoy Premium lounge offerings. Now must do Burger King for lunch + Business Lounge to survive it.
Or some OWE could take you as a guest to Premium lounge. BKs loss
Old May 16, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by FFlash
But then, AY would not like Golds going to the Diners lounge, since they might suspect that they come back to AY lounge as well, hopping! Remember that Ay told us during the AY meet-up that they do not like lounge hoppers (and the young bold and brave cistavoda turned red and raised his hand like a man )
That lounge hopping reminded me my last month GRU departure. Visited first time Admirals Club there and before the boarding asked to take the shower. All showers were occupied and FD called to Latam lounge to ask if there is availability and I was directed to Latam lounge which I usually visit before the flight. That is a proper customer service.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
So it's restricted on saturdays, sundays and mondays, but not fridays?!
Old May 16, 2016, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I haven't seen any communication regarding this. Odd to just have new rules announced at entry with no communication or update on the member pages. Could this really be a new policy?

It seems also very odd to implement new rules for Premium lunge now when the change in Silver access isn't implemented until 1 august.

Once the changes in silver program has gone through I agree it can be vise to alter the premium access rules too.
Old May 16, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
I haven't seen any communication regarding this. Odd to just have new rules announced at entry with no communication or update on the member pages. Could this really be a new policy?

It seems also very odd to implement new rules for Premium lunge now when the change in Silver access isn't implemented until 1 august.

Once the changes in silver program has gone through I agree it can be vise to alter the premium access rules too.
+1. Well said.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I would assume it's restricted during weekdays, and not the opposite. I'll enquire in a few days when I'm there.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
An "insider" just confirmed, initially it is sat-mon 3-5PM, no official policy in place yet so this might be adjusted when they monitor it.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Originally Posted by dera
An "insider" just confirmed, initially it is sat-mon 3-5PM, no official policy in place yet so this might be adjusted when they monitor it.
I don´t get it from policy point-of-vue. FT OWSs will know that get to the damn lounge around 0230 PM
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Sorry that it's in Finnish but according to AY's staff;

"Rajoitukset ovat tilannekohtaisia, eli koske ihan välttämättä kaikkia päiviä. Ruuhkaisin aika on nimenomaan tuo klo 15 - 17 ja tilanteen mukaan loungen henkilökunta voi rajoittaa sisäänpääsyä. "

-> there are limitations for Gold's access to premium lounge between 3-5 pm, depending on the "utilization" of the lounge.

so when flying in J, the disappearance of premium lounge access makes my Gold card virtually worthless!
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
I'll eat my hat, that it is not AY Golds flooding the lounge but non-AY OWS status holders.
3 HEL-LHR departures in the afternoon (AY+BA) and a few longhauls definitely have 3-4 times OWS than AY Golds. Statistics not available of course, but AY definitely has it since they are paying for the lounge visits.

This Premium lounge access for OWS is not required by OW and to stay loyal to their own customers and to offer even a small extra perk to AY Golds they should just kick out the OWS clientele until more acreage is available. The AY+ program renewal did not create more value to AY Golds, besides the marginally lowered tier limit, and now they are more or less devalueing it with their own actions.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Analogous with the silver lounge perk (that wasn't replicated to OW Rubys) they should absolutely be able to do something for AY golds that isn't replicated to sapphires.

But I guess access to the premium lounge was all along a numbers game, to tackle the overcrowding. Moving the OWS to premium made both lounges overcrowded and equally miserable. (A very nordic approach!)

Once they've kicked the silvers out of regular lounge there should be space for OWS to go back.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
But I guess access to the premium lounge was all along a numbers game, to tackle the overcrowding. Moving the OWS to premium made both lounges overcrowded and equally miserable. (A very nordic approach!)
This was verbatim confirmed during our pre-opening visit to the lounge by one of the AY lady reps.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold(OWS), IHG Gold(Plat Ambassador soon maybe), Accor Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
If needed just limit the OWS and allow AY Golds in. There has been enough worsenings of the program now that the golds also lose free economy comfort (as bad it already is).

Have been in premium lounge many times on the rush hour and it's not that bad at all especially if you have a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.