Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Rumour: Major changes coming to AY FF programme

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour: Major changes coming to AY FF programme

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jmmi
Me too – I've thought it comes automatically at business class check-in (I might be wrong though), and as that's a OWR benefit, they probably can't touch that.
As per the oneworld website (https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/sapphire-privileges) it only applies to Sapphires and above:

Priority baggage handling
As a Sapphire frequent flyer you will also receive Priority baggage handling when travelling in any cabin on an eligible oneworld flight, giving your baggage priority handling from aircraft to carousel. (Priority baggage handling is not available on flights operated by British Airways.)
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Courmisch
The extra bag is also a possible victim. It would remove the loop-hole with Light fares, earning the airline a few more €, and adding another incentive for Silvers to up-fare into Value.
If you take a look at the competitors SK and DY they both highlight the free checked bag as a benefit. At SK you need only 10 segments and at DY 18. Raising the bar to 52 at AY looks not (yet) convincing to me. Nevertheless I'm also pretty sure that AY and SK would like to follow BA and LH and make it not compatible with the Light fares to get more money.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Helsinki-Oulu is the only domestic route with meaningful competion (Norwegian flies to other domestic destinations only once a day). By restricting Silver lounge access to international itineraries AY wouldn't lose many customers.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by miikkak
Helsinki-Oulu is the only domestic route with meaningful competion (Norwegian flies to other domestic destinations only once a day). By restricting Silver lounge access to international itineraries AY wouldn't lose many customers.
I really don't think this would be the solution for the overcrowded lounges, though, as very little of the pax are on domestic itineraries. If Finnair decides to restrict lounge access, the basis on that decision is definitely on the overcrowded lounges.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Originally Posted by lkrt
I really don't think this would be the solution for the overcrowded lounges, though, as very little of the pax are on domestic itineraries.
A good solution would be to stop selling entrances to the lounges - or allow only the OWE and OWS pax to buy an entrance for a third person.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Justinus
A good solution would be to stop selling entrances to the lounges - or allow only the OWE and OWS pax to buy an entrance for a third person.
This could b good but ay are making good money from the DC etc lounge access so I am sure they wont stop it

The AY schengen lounge is ridiculously crowded these days.

I could see them removing access to silvers as a logical step or perhaps allowing silver only on Int flights.

As a 100% non ay plus person I would really like to see some positive changes to ay plus but I am most certain they wont be any changed that would get me to change over to the cold side

But one can allways dream
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: EB, AY+
Originally Posted by FFlash
I enrolled our youngest to AY just recently and got AY# as 690xxxxxx, my wife is enrolled few years ago I can't recall and has 685xxxxxx and I have myself 670xxxxxx from ~15 years back.
There might be some logics behind, given it is 9-digit number, but the first #6 is obviously a fixed number and perhaps 90xxxxxx could indicate there are 900 000 or more members?
I was enrolled in year 2000 and yet mine starts with 638... There is no logic with membership numbers.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by lkrt
as very little of the pax are on domestic itineraries..
Not sure about this. I crisscross Finland very much the domestic sectors and I see a fair bunch of domestic flyers loundging.

FWIW, I have started to use more and more the Aspire lounge during afternoon peak. It is more quiet, or lets say less overcrowded and actually has a tad better food, albeit not good but nothing can be worse than the kouluruokala/schoolcafeteria of AY loundge during afternoon.

Last edited by FFlash; Mar 15, 2016 at 3:13 am Reason: replaced dinersclub lounge name with Aspire
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:03 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by FFlash
FWIW, I have started to use more and more the dinersclub lounge during afternoon peak. It is more quiet, or lets say less overcrowded and actually has a tad better food, albeit not good but nothing can be worse than the kouluruokala/schoolcafeteria of AY loundge during afternoon.
Do you mean the Aspire lounge? What food do they have in the afternoon hours?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Yes. I always forget these names of contracted lounges

I will try to post a photo today as I am going there again
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pekkav
I was enrolled in year 2000 and yet mine starts with 638... There is no logic with membership numbers.
I'm 606

Lowest first 3 digits contest?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by mpkz
I'm 606

Lowest first 3 digits contest?

Member since 1992, I think.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005

Somewhere 2002-2003 all numbers were modified. I had number starting with 4 and I'm member since 2000. Now I'm 619.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005

601 right from the start. Member since 1992 also
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Cannot upload photos, so a short peek into today:

Pulled chicken in BBQ sauce (was not as good as it sounds)
Salad Cheese
Pickled cucumber
Olives
Salad mix
Cherry tomatoes
Wholegrain croissants (they were very dry, croissant should be a croissant and not a "intended-healthy-light-whatever")
Orange marmelade

Typical spirit selection for a 3rd party lounge and prosecco for purchase. Additionally wines:
Red - Li Veli Orion, Primitivo, Cellino San Marco, Italy
White - Schloss Schönbrun, Weisser Burgund, Rheingau, Germany

On entering the lounge, I told the dragon that I am fed up with Finnair lounge and came here instead. She told me back that I am not the first one to say that today

It was full, not packed, and still quite calm. Better than our dear Floundge.

I should post the photos in a correct thread but there is none consolidated for HEL lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.