Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40m in HEL on JFK-SVO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

40m in HEL on JFK-SVO

Is 40 minutes enough time to connect JFK-HEL-SVO with AY entire (and interline)? Some threads from years ago suggest yes and others no, this would be international-international which seem to be close together in a small airport (as opposed to Schengen-intl).

And if I misconnect, does Finnair usually protect on other airlines (airBaltic, SAS, Aeroflot, etc.) or do overnight and wait until tomorrow?

Thanks.

Edit: same PNR, 40m seems to be legal as Finnair is selling it.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:20 pm

This should be plenty of time to transfer within the non-schengen area. For the mis-connection I have no knowledge, but my guess is that the default option would be a wait for next day.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:44 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by acmys
Is 40 minutes enough time to connect JFK-HEL-SVO with AY entire (and interline)? Some threads from years ago suggest yes and others no, this would be international-international which seem to be close together in a small airport (as opposed to Schengen-intl).
Yes, it is quite enough, see sticky: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...ly-simple.html. Coming from the US there is no security check and you are staying in non-Schengen area the whole time.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:29 am

JFK-HEL-SVO is quite popular route. AY's HEL-SVO flight 40 minutes after flight from JFK is scheduled to arrive has sometimes even waited if JFK-HEl is little bit late as there can be dozens of passengers from JFK.

Finnair does sometimes reroute to a different airline but I think they decide it case by case basis and overnight wait can always happen. Though for HEL-SVO AY has later flights and they also code-share with Aeroflot on that route. It can be trickier if you don't make to HEL-JFK leg. Then it is not only about willingness to reroute osing different airlines, especially since they have JV with BA/IB/AA but also does any feasible same day connections to JFK with availability exist.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Finnair is code-sharing with Aeroflot on the route, so I would assume that they can reroute on the evening flight when there is a huge delay and depending on availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.