Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Fare rules - combinability

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:47 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
New Fare rules - combinability

It is not possible to form certain open jaw tickets anymore - surely a result of the new "world class revenue management" employed by AY. I think it may affect some people here, it certainly affects me. It works in the way that when doing an open jaw, you cannot get the campaign fare both ways, even though there is availability both ways. This prevents me from finding the lowest fares each way between home and then form open jaws to get the best price. (which has been very useful as availability is never balanced on out/home). I think it also affects the HEL based flyers who do hidden city ticketing?

I'm not very good with fare rules, but here is what I reckon:
Open jaws have been limited by a new combinability clause. It is normally only allowed to combine a campaign fare with a non-campaign fare. Only if same fare and tariff is used on both outbound/homebound (which is kind of impossible on a open jaw?!) it can be lowest fare.

Anyone with better understanding, please correct me if mistaken.

Combinability
DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED.
END-ON-END NOT PERMITTED. SIDE TRIPS NOT PERMITTED
APPLICABLE ADD-ON CONSTRUCTION IS ADDRESSED IN
MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS - CATEGORY 23.
OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS
FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS
-TO FORM SINGLE OPEN JAWS.
MILEAGE OF THE OPEN SEGMENT MUST BE EQUAL/LESS THAN
MILEAGE OF THE SHORTEST FLOWN FARE COMPONENT.
-TO FORM ROUND TRIPS
-TO FORM CIRCLE TRIPS
A MAXIMUM OF TWO INTERNATIONAL FARE COMPONENTS
PERMITTED.
OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS NOTE -
THE MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS APPLY WHEN
COMBINING FARES ON THE HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS.
PROVIDED -
COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY -SA/-BA/-PR/-BU/-VA TYPE
FARES FOR CARRIER AY IN ANY RULE IN THIS TARIFF.
COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY -CMP/-CAMP TYPE FARES FOR
CARRIER AY IN THIS RULE AND TARIFF.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Uh, need to explore this a bit more... You maybe referred to longhaul, but I just checked euro flight open-jaw and I got only PRO ticket options on AY booking engine. Roundtrip showed basic&value fares available lots, though.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:53 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I talked about longhaul, but that sounds like you have encountered the same thing as I.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.