Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the front row the go on A321?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Regards from AY754 and BUD. I hope these fresh pictures from the flight helps.

1A 1C 2D/F
Finally some good photos ^ These are from A320? Would be great to see pics from A32B as A321 Sharklet.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the photos.

I normally feel happy enough with the front row on BA A320s, especially with the reduced leg room that now exists in CE, but the front row seats look tight?

Normally avoid row 2+ on A320s on BA, but perhaps it may be better on AY?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:57 pm
odo

Originally Posted by FFlash
Good pictures, kudos for you to post them here.

That is the reason why I don't like those bulkhead seats where you cannot stretch your legs under and the claustrophobic feeling of facing a wall.
I find that the forward seat when not in bulkhead rows is actually more claustrophobic and annoying than the bulkhead. Especially if someone decides to recline it. Always bulkhead row for me please!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:59 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Just an observation - on row 1, there is slightly better picth on DEF-side. The bulkhead is about 2 cm further away than on ABC-side.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by intuition
Just an observation - on row 1, there is slightly better picth on DEF-side. The bulkhead is about 2 cm further away than on ABC-side.
Thanks - good to know. Have booked row 2D on the A320, which is the first row according to the seat map.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 1:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I was on the newest A321 last night ("32B") so I don't know if this is globally true.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Flown 5 times in J in A319. 1AC or 2DF - limited leg room, flown the first as 1A then everything else afterwards in 2AC or further rows. 1AC or 2DF never again, if I have the choice.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:41 pm

Think I will re consider my front row selection.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Think I will re consider my front row selection.
the front row ensures that you'll be the first one to get the food/drinks, this feature matters especially on short flights. It's also nice to be able to access the aisle without having to bother the one sitting on aisle seat C/D (if you are on the window seat; A/F). Matters in traveling solo.

I've flown about 15 times in J in A319/A320/A321, and only once not in the first row.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:36 pm

Thanks Karjaluokka.

My preference is always for the front row on BA flights, but it looks as though the legroom on AY is more limited. I am flying between LHR and HEL, so not very short flights.

Can anyone advise if this is the case?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: TG,PR,UL
On the E190 is the legroom in the first row the same on the a/c and d/f sides?
Old May 28, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Here's a picture demonstrating the legroom on the 32B (Sharklet) aircraft.

I must retract my negative opinions on legroom on this aircraft however, I was perfectly comfortable in row 3. The legroom is the same as on other A32X aircraft. ^

In fact, since the J cabin was fairly empty, spreading out over 3 seats in row 3 was much more comfortable than the first row. (Night and day when compared to CE on BA...)

Here's a picture from row 3

Last edited by Flythe96flag; May 28, 2015 at 4:32 am
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have all the A321 gone through cabin renewal, i.e. removal of one of the front toilets and cupboard? That was the case with OH-LZA and LZD last week but if I recall corretly I was onboard a plane with the old layout in february. Surely will miss the previous version. Never had to queue to toilet and extra room for hand luggage for a person in row 1.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:34 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Has AY enhanced advance seat selection for Platinums? Flying AY440 OUL-HEL on 9th of May (32B), and the first row that I can choose is row 11. According to EF all the seats on Row 1-10 are free (except 3 single seats). I just can't select any of them.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by HJP
Has AY enhanced advance seat selection for Platinums? Flying AY440 OUL-HEL on 9th of May (32B), and the first row that I can choose is row 11. According to EF all the seats on Row 1-10 are free (except 3 single seats). I just can't select any of them.
321's to OUL and back are always blocked form 1-10. Reason unknown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.