Search

Turned Silver - got an upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:27 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Turned Silver - got an upgrade

So, had a trip to NRT with AY (cheapest Y fare GVA-HEL-NRT) and pro fare from NRT-HEL-GVA.

When I checked in online from Tokyo I was bumped up from Y to J but only on the HEL-GVA segment which was a nice gesture. Not sure if this was due to:

1) Operational reasons,
2) Type of ticket OR
3) The fact that I had complained about the food service from BKK to HEL in J as it did not materialize as per my pre-order back in Feb of this year.

The load factor in J on the HEL-GVA segment was about 50% and not sure about in Y, but it didn't look "full".

The flight from NRT to HEL was around 80% full in Y, and I'd say a little less in J so I'm trying to figure out why the UG was only for the HEL-GVA segment and not on the NRT-HEL part of the trip?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Pro -ticket is the key. Pro gives automatic upgrade for short haul segment when it's part of long haul -trip.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This is the PRO fare. Upgrade on shorthaul segment is "included" in ticket, if space is available.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:15 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Ah, ok good to know... ^ Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Pro -ticket is the key. Pro gives automatic upgrade for short haul segment when it's part of long haul -trip.
Old thread and OT for my question, but I shoot here since this was the only found by search function:

Does Pro give bump to business cabin on just euro-shorthauls without longhaul segment, if room allows? I would expect 99% yes if Y-cabin is full, but even with lower load factor?

(having trouble with one destination where I need all the time flexibility but the Value ticket suuuuuuuucks so much and Pro is crazy priced. But I found an interesting way...)
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I've had "clean" shorthaul Pro tickets but never got an upgrade so I would say the answer is no. Then again, my pro bookings have been forced, as in nothing else available when booking so maybe the flights have been full? And before someone asks... These have been morning flights and I fall asleep usually around the time when boarding is completed. I don't have a clue about loads.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Why Pro (economy ticket) should give automatic access to C without long haul segment?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Old thread and OT for my question, but I shoot here since this was the only found by search function:

Does Pro give bump to business cabin on just euro-shorthauls without longhaul segment, if room allows? I would expect 99% yes if Y-cabin is full, but even with lower load factor?

(having trouble with one destination where I need all the time flexibility but the Value ticket suuuuuuuucks so much and Pro is crazy priced. But I found an interesting way...)
No, it does not. And ticket type/fare class has no meaning to opup.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Why Pro (economy ticket) should give automatic access to C without long haul segment?
At the prices ay charges for these tickets they really should provide the perk on a at the gate type of deal
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Clear enough answer, thanks.

OTOH, no big loss to sit nicely with extra legroom exit row seat and sleep instead of front cabin cramped trying to fish the food

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.