Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New "AY Plus Tier Tracker" on finnair.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:35 pm
Ambassador: Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold

I find it a rather nice feature, similar to what many other airlines have on their FF pages. You can now easily see how many points/flights you'd need to reach the next tier in the Plus scheme.

So much flying/segments this year that it seems in terms of OW I will end up with BA Gold + AY Gold -combo for my next membership years, both starting after summer..

Wishes from the Oneworld F lounge @LAX/TBIT..BA 388 to LHR coming up next..unfortunately only in Club World, it seems ;P

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Apr 14, 2014 at 9:22 pm Reason: typos..
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Heard about this yesterday but the tracker hasn't shown up on my profile yet, maybe because there is no "next" level after plat?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:50 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by esledo
Heard about this yesterday but the tracker hasn't shown up on my profile yet, maybe because there is no "next" level after plat?
Yep, not visible on Plat account, but it is visible for lower tiers. Hmm. Why can't they show points/segments needed for renewal?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Hmm. Why can't they show points/segments needed for renewal?
I use Excel for this.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I use Excel for this.
I use pocket calculator.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:25 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I use Excel for this.
^

I also see there is now an upgrade voucher status sheet (even if I am silver )
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:49 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Wishes from the Oneworld F lounge @LAX/TBIT..BA 388 to LHR coming up next..unfortunately only in Club World, it seems ;P
OT: Poor You ...! I just did FRA-SFO-FRA in LH 744 First and discovered, it is THE way to travel. You have not considered placing Your eggs in two baskets, namely the BA and LH baskets?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Looks great!

Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by remymartin
Looks great!

All zero'ed out! Award miles too?

What would be truly impressive was if tier tracker also accounted booked but not yet flow sectors. I mean, AY collects flight reservation data from other airlines too, so it would "just" be a matter of adding one more calculation to show tier points by end of xx/xx.

Yeah, I know. Will never happen.

Excel works fine.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:16 am

My award points aren't zeroed out, but the figure is so low I'm blushing. As you probably remember I'm banking OW flights elsewhere until AY+ drastically changes.

And to quote you - Yeah, I know. It will never happen.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Haha, true. At least not drastically for the better
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:58 am

Worthy correction!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:30 am
Ambassador: Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TTL
OT: Poor You ...! I just did FRA-SFO-FRA in LH 744 First and discovered, it is THE way to travel. You have not considered placing Your eggs in two baskets, namely the BA and LH baskets?
I have, yes, but maybe I am just too comfortable with oneworld, been with them since the 90s...and do not have the courage to really look elsewhere. Also, for most of my point to point travels AY/OW works better from Helsinki than *A. The most difficult part is the switchover..maybe with a really good status match scheme..
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Dear lord how many times am I going to refresh this page waiting for the points from AY70 to post !!

Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:29 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Lappe
Dear lord how many times am I going to refresh this page waiting for the points from AY70 to post !!

Oh, that's nice! Welcome to the club, then!

(sadly, the tracker will probably just disappear as soon as you are plat, so one day when you reload, and it is all empty, then you know...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.