Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports on service updates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:36 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
I found these latest things too. And more to it:

Booking my latest longhaul, I was slow in moving between pages and it appeared a pop-up window telling me that there are 36 people looking at this flight and asking (=pushing) me if I want to continue or not. That marketing trick really sucks, reminds too much other e-commerce channels of lousy nature
Oh no...
That is so
If I ever see this, it will be my last visit to AY booking enginge. Unless it can be blocked with noscript or the likes.

This totally goes across the "peace of mind" concept - is it the wild west inside AY nowadays?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:50 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Corporate webpages renewed

Not sure it fits in this thread, but the corporate webpages was renewed a few days ago. The reports now actually works and a few new functions have been added, like find all company reservations (future and past) and to easily add account members to a booking.

Most people will never see or use these webpages, but it is nice to see AY doing IT overhaul of some of their online services. As far as I can tell, it now seems to be working pretty well and relatively fast.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:44 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
A chatting possibility has been recently added to AY web pages. Today I tried the service and it did work well. Faster and certainly cheaper than telephone service. However, they were not able to change flights from booked itinerary from T-class to K-class involving need to pass the credit card details... had it been from Y to Y could have worked better.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by FFlash
there are 36 people looking at this flight and asking (=pushing) me if I want to continue or not.
Really- what are the chances of 36 people looking at any specific AY flight at any given moment? As I have popups blocked I don't see these, but sounds really lame... even lamer than the "only 3 seats left at this price" type of naggings, that actually can be true.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Really- what are the chances of 36 people looking at any specific AY flight at any given moment? As I have popups blocked I don't see these, but sounds really lame... even lamer than the "only 3 seats left at this price" type of naggings, that actually can be true.
I have popups blocked as well, therefore I was very surprised to see this pop up.
Nevertheless, I thought the 36 may come from anyone who is doing flights searches (TA's, all) in a current time window of let's say 15mins or so. It cannot be true otherwise that 36 different people would be in real booking process exactly same time with exactly the same specific route
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Just came off HELCDG in J, the main course was served in plastic container, rice with chicken, looked like the 10 € pre-order Y-meal.....
Hmmmm... expected something in Christmas theme...... nothing! Except for a piece of Christmas chocolate instead of the regular Fazer blue.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by sakari1707
Just came off HELCDG in J, the main course was served in plastic container, rice with chicken, looked like the 10 € pre-order Y-meal.....
Hmmmm... expected something in Christmas theme...... nothing! Except for a piece of Christmas chocolate instead of the regular Fazer blue.
Flying AY875 tomorrow on voucher J and damn you just ruined my mood!!!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Flying AY875 tomorrow on voucher J and damn you just ruined my mood!!!
sorry... but report back how it was with you.... and anyone else also how your euro-J have been.....
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Hmm, interesting.
When complimentary Y service was cancelled and Skybistro was announced there was this single sentence "In Business Class, meals remain inclusive in the ticket price. . It really was left open for "enhancements".
My next Euro J is in a few days, will report.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:03 pm

A week ago service was the same as before. A rather delicious bruschetta and the OKish main course. The dessert was a Godiva chocolate (OK) but it was a saving compared with the previous genuine dessert. I think it is really cheap to save on desserts. Anyhow, business as usual.

I think the Xmas special meals on Euro-J have long been abolished. I have fond memories on those flights with the cabin crew wearing red aprons.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Flew GVA-HEL yesterday in J, meatballs in plastic container. Food was ok, but the presentation wasn't. Godiva pralines as a dessert is standard practice nowadays in intra-Europe J, I think (has been at least for a year now, IIRC).
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

The menu for longhauls currently do have a bit of chrissy theme. PDB is mulled wine and smoked almonds. Entrés are (choice between)
* Assorted Finish christmas delicacies
* Turkey & fois gras mousse
* Matjes herring
* Nordic style cured rainbow trout
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
So A875 had decent food and drinks. The main course and desert were presented in plastic. I do not care really (and I only paid for Y), but that does look a bit cheap for business class - especially AY priced.

For Xmas, we were given not one but two Xmas-themed chocolates instead of the usual sininen.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:59 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I flew HEL-BRU-HEL in J two weeks ago and the meals were as usual, served in Marimekko tableware including plates, mugs, and napkins.

I think AY should change their desserts. They have served Godiva pralines couple of years now.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:28 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

PRG-HEL today, and food was normal, ie served on proper china (white non-branded). Entré wild duck paté and main finnish meatballs with mash.
May sound a bit unsofisitaced, but I think a very good choice of meal for that route.

Agree with others that the Godiva is overdue, please bring back the proper desert!

A side note - the Sky bistro looked (and smelled) really good. A strange situation though, if you are in business you "can't" get stuff from the sky bistro. As this is a 2h+ trip, they serve hot food in sky bistro and they start by going around the cabin asking for orders (served later in the flight). They totally skip the business cabin. Some in my entourage wanted a side order os soba noodles but we never could order that.
When ordering the potatoe crisps in the bistro menue, we were brought another serving of the PDB salted pretzels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.