Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Lounge access at CDG

I'm OW Sapphire, by virtue of being MA Gold. I'm looking at a return HEL-CDG on AY in sardine class. I know I''ll have access to the lounge in HEL on the outbound but I'm curious about the return. It looks like AY contracts with AF for the 'Salon L'espace' in CDG 2D and on the AY page in the eligibility list for that lounge it doesn't mention OW elites at all. Am I out of luck? Ironically enough, I am also AF (Flying Blue) Gold but I expect that has no bearing since it is an AY flight.

cheers,

Henry
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:05 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
OW Sapphire grants you access - ask for invitation at check in.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
OW Sapphire grants you access - ask for invitation at check in.
And bear in mind that it's outside security.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Lounge and fast track

I found 2 threads touching this, so I chose to shoot here.

I will be having CDG-HEL with my wife and it looks like I will turn AY Silver->Gold just before our AY flight. (will have the last qualified flight just 6days before that, and it normally takes 5days to post AY flights on account).

My question becomes:
1) Any recent experience from the Sheltair lounge? I guess it is the same as the ex-AFsalon at 2D landside.
2) Is there a fast track at CDG 2D? EDIT: According to AY pages, not for elites, only Business tix
3) Given that I have become Gold before our flight and can we both use Lounge&FastTrack or just me? (keeping in mind the lounge is 3rd party)

Finally, how can I assure that my status will have been changed to Gold by then, and printed on BP to get all perks.
Finally finally, those perks might be so worth of nothing that it pays zero worry and effort but it would be nice to have those little extras for my wife who doesn't really frequent those places

Last edited by FFlash; Apr 17, 2014 at 4:54 am Reason: typos
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by FFlash
Finally, how can I assure that my status will have been changed to Gold by then, and printed on BP to get all perks.
I was once in a similar situation. I called the AY+ people and they sent me a pdf stating that I had indeed become AY+ Gold (OWS) at date x.x.x. I showed it at the LHR T5 Galleries North, which caused plenty of confusion ("Hmm.. What is this then?"), but I was allowed in.
Old May 4, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
1) Any recent experience from the Sheltair lounge? I guess it is the same as the ex-AFsalon at 2D landside.
It has improved a bit since AF vacated Terminal 2D, in that there is now free WiFi (without the 15 minutes time limit of ADP). Unfortunately, it is obviously still annoyingly located on land side :-(

2) Is there a fast track at CDG 2D? EDIT: According to AY pages, not for elites, only Business tix
Accs Numro Un is available to all elites, even AY+ Silver. You just have to show your ticket to a code reader to get in.

It even works for AF tickets, if you input your Oneworld elite to the Finnair online check-in, though that is probably a programming error.
Old May 6, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Courmisch
It has improved a bit since AF vacated Terminal 2D, in that there is now free WiFi (without the 15 minutes time limit of ADP). Unfortunately, it is obviously still annoyingly located on land side :-(

Accs Numro Un is available to all elites, even AY+ Silver. You just have to show your ticket to a code reader to get in.

It even works for AF tickets, if you input your Oneworld elite to the Finnair online check-in, though that is probably a programming error.

Welcome to Flyertalk! Nice first post with some nice advice ^

I'm reporting for the flight just taken:
-The Sheltair lounge was OK, roomy with enough seats (or low load factor), but a bit dated look still. A bit noisy as open area. Food selection OK, not as good as AY HEL lounges though. WiFi free, but it shut off at 15 min intervals, you had to log in again.
-Lounge still the same ex-AF salon landside. It was quick to get to gates though, as the Fast track worked nice (nobody controlling it, just automated ticket reader).
-AY boarding started early and smooth priority lanes, 15 mins prior to take off

All in all, trying to avoid CDG always, I have to say that AY's CDG experience was just impeccable ^ so maybe I can give CDG another shot (still reserve the rights to avoid connecting there though )
Old May 7, 2014, 10:21 am

WiFi free, but it shut off at 15 min intervals, you had to log in again.
Are you sure you were not on the ADP WiFi? That one is behind a pay wall with only 15 minutes free (unless you change your MAC address every quarter).

I had no problem staying on the lounge WiFi for longer than that, though you may need to keep the browser window with the timer open(?). It even works from the airside, if you stay close to gate 54 (I may recall the number wrong).
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hi Everyone,

First post here but I have been reading for a while and just want to thank everyone for the great information!

My question is very similar to the first post in this thread but I wanted to see if anything has changed since that post was from 2011. I am oneworld Sapphire through AA Platinum and will be connecting through CDG on my way to HEL. I'll be in Y on this flight.

I am wondering if I will have access to the Sheltair lounge in 2D? I am concerned because as this is a third party operated lounge I know access can be hit or miss and I also read on the Finnair website that the departing flight must be marketed by Finnair. I purchased my ticket as a codeshare from AA. Does anyone have any experiences of accessing this lounge as a oneworld elite but not having purchased their ticket from AY?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:12 am

OWS and OWE can access the CDG 2D lounge if the marketing carrier is Oneworld. There are quite a few different marketing codes on the Finnair flights from CDG depending on the time of day.

(I believe FlyingBlue elites can access the lounge if the marketing code is AF.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.