Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New lounge in Helsinki

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:48 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I quick comment as there hasn't been any recent updates here after some bad experiences.

Currently in the Via lounge, presented my BA BP + BA card at the desk and was just asked with a smile if I wanted wifi codes. Seems to me that all is good and AY treats this lounge again as a real OW lounge, which it very much is.
I am very happy to report that there is no need to use those cumbersome codes for wifi anymore in Via. It's Finavia all the way, I had no issues with speed etc.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:40 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Sitting 7:30 AM in a very quiet Aspire-lounge near gate 27. Much recommended over the Silver Wings "hospital" with the morning hustle and bustle. PP gives entrance as well as shiny cards from *A (in conjunction with TK or LO flight, other ticket holders go to SK lounge), SkyTeam (in conjunction with AF, KL, or SU flights). Business tickets of TK, LO, AF, KL and SU will do the same. And surprisingly the "economy plus" tickets of FlyBe. The servings are the same as in rest of the Schengen lounges (apart from SK lounge at T1). Toilets spacier and a shower room also available.

OT: The morning was pleasant also flightwise. AY to AMS was overbooked in whY and my 4C was involuntarily op upped to 1D. And the luck went on in the AMS Hilton with exec room upgrade.

Last edited by TTL; Jul 16, 2012 at 9:15 am
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:44 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Currently at Aspire lounge. In August they let PP holders bring in one guest free, plus walk-ups are €25 (usually €35). Perhaps because of this the place seems pretty packed. No matter, I am hanging in my bubble, my iPad on a log.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:07 pm

how would you compaire the 2??
Almost @ home (non-schengen)
Aspire lounge by servisair

are drinks, food included in both?
do they enforce the 3 hour time limit?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Drinks and food included in both. In Aspire also spirits & liqueurs, haven't seen those in Almost @ home.

For food and atmosphere I'd choose Almost @ home.

Haven't tried 3 hours limit. Why not visit both if you have time.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
There is booze (=liquor) in almost@home, but it's not complimentary. I prefer Aspire, but why not try both if you have a long layover and you have access to Schengen (Aspire) and non-Schengen (almost@home) areas.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I have not been to the Aspire lounge, but the almost@home lounge is pleasant, reasonable food, if not huge selection, and pleasant wine - white, red and sparkling.

Never too crowded in my experience. Welcoming staff.

I enjoy my visits.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I visited the Aspire a few times last year when the AY lounge was closed. I prefer the almost@home
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
BTW
Diners lounge tool lists only the non-Schengen Almost@Home as their contracted lounge. Earlier they had announced to introduce a lounge at HEL, so I thought Aspire would be it, now somewhat confused...

Aspire you could have access on all tickets, but Almost@Home you need now a non-schengen ticket...
Not that it matters for me, just curious

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.