Search

New cabin config for A320S

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
New cabin config for A320S

From AY interim report:
"To improve the cost-efficiency of the company’s own feeder traffic, the cabin configurations of the Airbus A32S fleet (incl. A319 and A320 aircraft) will be retrofitted. This modification work will begin in the second quarter of 2011. The retrofitted configurations will reduce unit costs and bring increased capacity while maintaining passenger comfort. In addition, the company will strive to further improve the utilisation efficiency of its narrow-body fleet through cross-utilisation of resources in scheduled and leisure traffic."

Anybody have any idea what this means in practice. More capacity doesn't sound good for pitch... nor do references for leisure traffic, as we all know what a spacious little sardine can the AY 757 is.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:08 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Again, one step closer to being a LCC..
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
So Finnair will finally ruin it's only decent European business class product, namely on the 319.

Will try to switch on Air Berlin codeshares on my European feeder flights, expect the seating quality to be better over there and at least decent food for sale. Plus avoiding the awful bus gates at DUS.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Maybe they will reduce pitch of front cabin rows to similar as in rear cabin. I was seated in second last row of AY A320 a few weeks ago first time in maybe 10 years. The pitch was horrible. Sitting straight, my back straight on the seat and still my knees were hitting back of the front seat constantly. The pitch was real LCC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.