Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Will friends and family rate receive credit in Fairmont's President Club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:53 am
Original Poster

There's a lively discussion in the hotel deals forum regarding great "friends & family" rates at Fairmont. The rate is bookable at Fairmont.com.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...c-31-09-a.html

Is there any reason to think bookings using the friends-and-family rate would not receive credit toward status with Fairmont?

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
According to T+C of FPC, they will recieve credit.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by wrose99
Is there any reason to think bookings using the friends-and-family rate would not receive credit toward status with Fairmont?
Yes, as according to the fine print in the FPC T&C:

https://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/FPCPu...tions.htm#2009

To receive a stay credit or room night credit, reservation must be booked on qualifying rates. Qualifying rates are determined by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Qualifying rates can be deemed non-qualifying at any given time, without prior notice.

Now whether FPC would actually deny these promo reservations is another debate and remains to be seen but according to their own T&C the answer to the question you posed is yes they could.

Personally I don't think that is likely as FPC taking that step could create many unhappy customers, many of whom may be new to the Fairmont brand. However, computers are trained to spot employee, travel agent and other discounted room rate codes and so automation might intervene and automatically disallow these reservations for either FPC elite stay credit or FFP/FFM credit.

Just my opinion of course.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 7, 2009 at 10:26 am
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:26 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
The Staff rate & Friends and Family rate has never qualified for stay credit. But you can enter your Presidents Club number to enjoy benefits like free internet & phone calls, etc.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:52 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I heard the destinations rates don't but the FAF rates do. I emailed the person in charge of the current FAF promotion at my particular hotel and was told that the bookings should count towards stay credit. The easiest thing to do is to call your hotel reservation desk and ask them. If they say it counts, make sure to get their name. You can easily complain later if for whatever reason it doesn't count and I'm sure they will credit you.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I heard the destinations rates don't but the FAF rates do. I emailed the person in charge of the current FAF promotion at my particular hotel and was told that the bookings should count towards stay credit. The easiest thing to do is to call your hotel reservation desk and ask them. If they say it counts, make sure to get their name. You can easily complain later if for whatever reason it doesn't count and I'm sure they will credit you.
FPC for now should apply for these stays. The policy hasnt changed at corporate regarding this. Im sure it will once they get a handle on things. Airline miles are NOT given on these stays and never were. So this may be where the confusion is. Airline miles for FAF rates did not qualify but FPC stay credits did. With FPC, these are seperate as FPC doesnt do its own points system and FPC rewards with certificates. (I dont want to start that again as FPC and certs on ft is a sour note for many here )
Old Apr 9, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
For better or for worse from the T&Cs...
"Fairmont President’s Club will not grant tier status based on either performance or status in other hotel loyalty programs."

Does anyone know of any exceptions to this?

Instructions about how to find the link to the FPC T&Cs:
  1. Go to the FPC homepage.
  2. Click on Terms & Conditions on the right side of the screen just below the Customer Service phone number.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by sc flier
For better or for worse from the T&Cs...
"Fairmont President’s Club will not grant tier status based on either performance or status in other hotel loyalty programs."

Does anyone know of any exceptions to this?

Instructions about how to find the link to the FPC T&Cs:
  1. Go to the FPC homepage.
  2. Click on Terms & Conditions on the right side of the screen just below the Customer Service phone number.
I have heard of alot of attempts, but never, ever a success. Most likely, because with Platinum at FPC, you get $100 in gift certificats, a free room, a free room upgrade and a free suite upgrade right off the bat.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I have heard of alot of attempts, but never, ever a success. Most likely, because with Platinum at FPC, you get $100 in gift certificats, a free room, a free room upgrade and a free suite upgrade right off the bat.
Fairmont doesnt make it very hard to make the Premier and Platinum levels. Even if you stay once every couple of months for one night, you will get Premier level and Platinum level takes staying once every month or so. Its not that hard if you travel a bit. Plus as mentioned, Fairmont doesnt give its own points to earn free stays, it just gives out free nights and other goodies.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 9:48 pm

Plus as mentioned, Fairmont doesnt give its own points to earn free stays, it just gives out free nights and other goodies.
In fact, Fairmont DOES give out free nights, gift cards, and other goodies for staying with them. It just decides not to give them to the guest that pays. They REWARD THE TRAVEL AGENT NOT THE CUSTOMER.

Fairmont FAmous Offers Agents New Benefits
Published on: February 27, 2009

Fairmont FAmous, the brand’s travel agent education and recognition program, has announced three ways to get the most out of Fairmont FAmous membership. Agents can now redeem points for gift cards year-round and without limits, earn bonus points and, for a limited time, enjoy VIP savings on services and amenities such as dining, spa treatments and golf at select Fairmont Hotels & Resorts properties around the world. Gift cards have now been added as a permanent point redemption option in 2009, with no maximum redemption limits. Agents can choose from Fairmont Gift Cards for use at hotels, or Visa or American Express gift cards. Fairmont FAmous members earn one point per qualified room night, and now can earn bonus points, based on the dollar value of a client’s total room revenue per stay: $3,000 to $4,999, double points; $5,000 to $9,999, triple points; and $10,000 and higher, quadruple points. From now until March 31, enjoy VIP Savings just by showing your Fairmont FAmous membership card at select locations such as Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, 50 percent off lunch or dinner at Café de la Terrasse or Restaurant Le Champlain; Fairmont St Andrews, Scotland, two rounds of golf for the price of one, 25 percent off spa treatments, 10 percent off at all food and beverage outlets; and the Fairmont Chicago, 25 percent off at Aria Restaurant, 10 percent off retail products and 20 percent off spa treatments at mySpa. For more information, visit www.fairmontfamous.com.
Hilton gives the customer points per dollar spent.
SPG gives the customer points per dollar spent.
Fairmont gives the customer free internet and the agent points to be redeemed for credit card gift cards.

The good news is that perhaps you can register & become eligible for commissions on your own stays http://famousagents.frhi.com/
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
In fact, Fairmont DOES give out free nights, gift cards, and other goodies for staying with them. It just decides not to give them to the guest that pays. They REWARD THE TRAVEL AGENT NOT THE CUSTOMER.

Hilton gives the customer points per dollar spent.
SPG gives the customer points per dollar spent.
Fairmont gives the customer free internet and the agent points to be redeemed for credit card gift cards.

The good news is that perhaps you can register & become eligible for commissions on your own stays http://famousagents.frhi.com/
Since when did this thread become about either travel agents and Fairmont's TA recognition program, which BTW isn't new at all, or hotel program elite status matching? It didn't AFAIK and dragging it further afield does OP's query a major injustice IMHO. The topic at hand in this thread should be only about whether this NFAF promo earns stay credit so please grind your axe elsewhere.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:31 am

Actually, the topic is Fairmont President's Club, a terrible program that could be much better.

As people discuss the program, it's good to know how it rates with other hotel programs. I have Platinum Status this year, so I do know a little about the program.

The program has devalued over the years, which is too bad, as the hotels & rooms, for the most part, are great. As we discuss it's strengths and weaknesses, I hope that it evolves into a better program for the customer.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Actually, the topic is Fairmont President's Club
Hardly. OP was clear in their first post query if not their choice of a slightly more descriptive thread title. Should you wish to discuss the relative merits, of lack thereof, of FPC I would suggest this thread is not the best place to do it.

To drag this thread back on topic, I'm hoping it will eventually be updated with Fairmont guests who either have or have not received FPC stay credit on this NFAF promo rate so others will know for future reference given the promo is scheduled to run through year end.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 6:40 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
IMO, the OP's choice of thread title dictated the whole thread topic. The fact that a specific question was in the OP's OP does not mean that that was intended to be the sole focused topic of this thread.

tcook052, I think that the facts (or lack thereof) about FPC stay credit for the NFAF promo have been presented already, so I didn't comment here on them earlier. The T&Cs lead me to believe that they will qualify for elite stay credit but not FF credit.

nyx.t2t, are you suggesting that the decision might be legitimately different for each hotel? It seems to me that stay credit eligibility should be a central decision of FPC's leaders -- not a choice of each hotel. (Because when a hotel gives FPC stay credit, it affects the benefits that must later be honored at other hotels.) It seems to me that FPC should be the one to answer universally whether or not the NFAF stays will get credit. Of course, they claim the right to change their decision whenever they wish.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by sc flier
IMO, the OP's choice of thread title dictated the whole thread topic. The fact that a specific question was in the OP's OP does not mean that that was intended to be the sole focused topic of this thread.
And we can disagree. OP didn't ask for general FPC input in OP so none should be given dispite the thread title. I read a recent SPG thread titled Detroit Final Four advice needed so that thread title should mean I can offer my input on all things related to that event rather than the specifics outlined of their first thread post? Sorry, not the way I see it.

tcook052, I think that the facts (or lack thereof) about FPC stay credit for the NFAF promo have been presented already, so I didn't comment here on them earlier. The T&Cs lead me to believe that they will qualify for elite stay credit but not FF credit.
And we shall see but there has been lots of contradictory information flowing from Fairmont on this promo, it's application, T&C's and FPC stay eligibility that nobody really knows for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.