Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont - The Official Fairmont Hotel Review thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont - The Official Fairmont Hotel Review thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2005, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Exclamation Fairmont - The Official Fairmont Hotel Review thread

deleted

Last edited by Altaflyer; Dec 12, 2005 at 7:44 am
Old May 9, 2006, 10:53 am

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Just curious as to how long it takes for Fairmont to post the Premier or Platinum bonus miles to your airline program? I see the base 500 miles post to AC for me about 2 weeks after my stay, but am still missing my 250 Premier bonus from my stay in the first week of March this year (over 2 months)?

Vader
Old May 13, 2006, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
anywhere from weeks to months to never - never saw a pattern.
Old May 13, 2006, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have not had a stay for a while,so cannot really comment
Old May 15, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Yeah, I think I know what you mean... the program is in shambles. I am moving most of my stays to SPG or Marriott, but our corporate rate in Vancouver is impossible to beat for staying at the Hotel Vancouver (120/nite). As my boss is intimately familiar with that rate, not sure how I could justify spending 180 a night for the SPG or Marriott properties...
Old Jun 16, 2006, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC SE
More FPC & Fairmont crap.
In the past if you booked a gold floor room you could upgrade to a gold suite using a suite upgrade coupon. Not anymore!
Old Jun 17, 2006, 7:59 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
The official line was always that you [bold]could not[/bold] do that, but it was generally allowed. Last year however, I was rejected on it 2 times. Arrg!

Originally Posted by fly-yul
In the past if you booked a gold floor room you could upgrade to a gold suite using a suite upgrade coupon. Not anymore!
Old Jun 24, 2006, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly-yul
I tried to use some suite u/gs at Victoria.Did not accept either.

I have a conference there at end of July.

Would have chosen Hilton had they had a property there.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Gov rate for fairmont is 119 a night. But I forgot the online code for gov rates. Any good company codes?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Free Night Certification

Are Fairmont's free night certifications accepted at the Raffles properties? Or only at Fairmonts?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: AMEX MR, Diners USA,, Delta MM SM, USAir Plat, AAir Plat, HHonors, Marriott Platinum
Just got an email from Fairmont announcing my President status and have not stayed there over a year??
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:29 am

Quick overview: Ottawa, montreal, chicago, seattle and san fran

Dates: May-July 2009

Ottawa and montreal are showing their age. There was even a massive hole in the ceiling in the hallway outside our room in ottawa with coolant or something dripping into a massive plastic bin all day/night.

chicago was very nice but not a classic fairmont, very pretty modern hotel

seattle was very nice and is my second fav, but they need better beds. Nice room, nice lobby, great location, nice health club etc etc.

the best: San Francisco - the only con is that its located on the top of a huge hill, though i suppose we could have taken a cab instead of walking
San Fran has the most beautiful lobby, the rooms are nice, the bathrooms seem newer and the beds are wonderful (i'm not usually picky when it comes to bed, but i have noticed that all the fairmonts except san fran and chicago have really springy - and i'm assuming old - beds)

edit: one caveat i forgot - remember to keep the bathroom door closed at the san francisco hotel when showering, this may seem like common sense but with no extractor fan i thought it was ok, turns out the smoke detector is rather sensitive!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Can we close this thread, Canarsie?
I donīt think it serves any purpose any more.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:29 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Sure.

If it needs to be re-opened, please let me know.

Regards,

Canarsie
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.