Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Is bread but no water the new Diamond Breakfast?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Just checked out of The Mercure Charlestown an otherwise perfectly fine motel-style Mercure in the suburbs of Newcastle.

I thought it was a clerical error that the charge for my breakfast was removed from my folio but $8.50 was charged for Breakfast beverages.
No Mimosas were imbibed nor a single Bloody Mary.

At this establishment Diamond/Platinum breakfast only covers food. Not an orange juice or a drop of coffee is included.
When I questioned the beverages remaining on the bill the explanation was that while the pre-Covid buffet included self-serve OJ and filter coffee, now that the breakfast is a la carte not everyone orders beverages so they are not included in the comp. breakfast!
I was quite frankly too flabbergasted to argue the point.

I am sitting on 281 nights this year in my Accor account which with carryover from last year and double elite nights this year probably represents around 100 head-on-the bed nights. In all those stays this has to be the most egregious lets screw the customer and blame Covid moment that I have experienced.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Ah this one will deserve an award for sure
unbelievable...
Old Jun 4, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Just checked out of The Mercure Charlestown an otherwise perfectly fine motel-style Mercure in the suburbs of Newcastle.

I thought it was a clerical error that the charge for my breakfast was removed from my folio but $8.50 was charged for Breakfast beverages.
No Mimosas were imbibed nor a single Bloody Mary.

At this establishment Diamond/Platinum breakfast only covers food. Not an orange juice or a drop of coffee is included.
When I questioned the beverages remaining on the bill the explanation was that while the pre-Covid buffet included self-serve OJ and filter coffee, now that the breakfast is a la carte not everyone orders beverages so they are not included in the comp. breakfast!
I was quite frankly too flabbergasted to argue the point.

I am sitting on 281 nights this year in my Accor account which with carryover from last year and double elite nights this year probably represents around 100 head-on-the bed nights. In all those stays this has to be the most egregious lets screw the customer and blame Covid moment that I have experienced.
What a non sense. I would be curious to know what Corporate thinks of that very stingy behavior.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 12:01 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Wow I get that hotels are hurting right now but that is just naked greed.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:30 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Ah this one will deserve an award for sure
unbelievable...
corporate greed award or screw loyalty award?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by olivedel
What a non sense. I would be curious to know what Corporate thinks of that very stingy behavior.
They might be impressed! The hotel probably learned their stingy and subpar behaviour from the example that Accor has been setting for years, and the hotel found a way to get creative and become even more stingy. When a student of a craft becomes more skilled than the master teaching them, it's a proud moment for the teacher!
batosai likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Do you still get those free bottled water in the room? perhaps next time you should bring those (along with Accor special diamond apple) to the breakfast venue

I thought Novotel on Stevens have this amazing feat covered by upgrading me (as gold) to their premier room (supposedly include complimentary minibar and lounge access) with no lounge access (understandable as I still gold) and empty minibar

Oh and since you can drink the tap water in Singapore, they didn't give you bottled water
Old Jun 6, 2021, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
They might be impressed! The hotel probably learned their stingy and subpar behaviour from the example that Accor has been setting for years, and the hotel found a way to get creative and become even more stingy. When a student of a craft becomes more skilled than the master teaching them, it's a proud moment for the teacher!
I have to disagree with this. Accor HQ has certainly no wish to see that kind of childish behavior from a delinquent hotel.
to OP : you should clearly, first, fill the satisfaction survey with giving a bad rating and explain your problem and, second, send a complaint to customer service.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have to disagree with this. Accor HQ has certainly no wish to see that kind of childish behavior from a delinquent hotel.
to OP : you should clearly, first, fill the satisfaction survey with giving a bad rating and explain your problem and, second, send a complaint to customer service.
Waiting with bated breath for my satisfaction survey!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.