Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont extending certificate dates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I got my certs extended till 30/Apr.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by fijaircan
I need to give them a call as well. I haven't used any others than the free night cert from the last year's batch.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I had a few reps at concierge offer a very short extension. How did you swing April 30, 2013?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Same here, though it took the agent talking to a supervisor to get it done.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noticed a bunch of new certs in my account today separated into fairmont certs and chase visa certs.

Also ate my way through expiring $150 in dining/spa at Fig in Santa Monica yesterday... had to take cheese plate home to max it out
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I had a few reps at concierge offer a very short extension. How did you swing April 30, 2013?
I called the PLAT number, told them that I needed extension till April 14th (have a booking for Whistler for April 14th). She said she would extend it till April 30th.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Mine still show expiring today.

Does this mean no passions packages this year? Ie: no local dining experience certs?

Last edited by MtlFire; Feb 28, 2013 at 10:39 am
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I'll have to try and do this, I'm planning a trip to Banff for late April and would love to have a suite upgrade, free night and use the 150$ in coupons I haven't used. (travel plans changed a bit this year)
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Tried to get my remaining suite upgrade cert extended with the supervisor but got refused. But made good use of the certificate on a brand new booking today.. I'm beyond happy.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta-Plat, *wood-Plat, Fairmont-Premier, Hilton-silver
Was told today that my certificates were extended till 3/15 without asking. I cannot see them but was assured they were extended and that the hotels could see them. Will try to use them tonight!

Your experience my vary but thought I would let the community know my experience.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I looked into my account and my remaining certificates were extended - include the one that was used
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Funny, my extended room certs dissappeared even though extended. Only my suite upgrade remains. Perhaps because the suite upgrade was extended manually by FPC Loyalty. The others were updated automatically so perhaps it was deleted automatically off the profile.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Just called to extend a couple of certificates for some days...
Had no problem.
Just in time, I still have my free night cert
Old Feb 26, 2014, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Was just outright refused an extension by FPC Loyalty. They say its a case by case basis and because we had the certificates for a full year, we would not be getting an exception. The FPC Loyalty agent did say for those who early qualified and have had their certificates less than a year, they will be granting extensions.

The agent interestingly enough noted FlyerTalk and she indicated that she was aware I would be posting this on FT. So here's the post true to my word.

Also to help to extend certificates is an existing reservation. If Loyalty sees an existing reservation then they will look at extending the certificates more closely but no guarantees.

My opinion, not sure why they would treat an 11 year Platinum Member like this. Ah well, I've taken the main chunk of business to Hyatt, where I've got on the docket 88 nights already stayed and booked this year. Looks like minimal Plat5 qualification for us this side of the tracks with Fairmont.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Feb 26, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Was just outright refused an extension by FPC Loyalty. They say its a case by case basis and because we had the certificates for a full year, we would not be getting an exception. The FPC Loyalty agent did say for those who early qualified and have had their certificates less than a year, they will be granting extensions.

The agent interestingly enough noted FlyerTalk and she indicated that she was aware I would be posting this on FT. So here's the post true to my word.

Also to help to extend certificates is an existing reservation. If Loyalty sees an existing reservation then they will look at extending the certificates more closely but no guarantees.

My opinion, not sure why they would treat an 11 year Platinum Member like this. Ah well, I've taken the main chunk of business to Hyatt, where I've got on the docket 88 nights already stayed and booked this year. Looks like minimal Plat5 qualification for us this side of the tracks with Fairmont.
Which certificates did you try to extend ?
At your place I would try a HUCA... Try the FPC number listed here https://www.fairmont.com/contact-us/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.