Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite Fairmont property - and why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2012, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe

I fell in love with the Pacific Rim shortly after the Olympics when a FPC operator said "why not try out this new hotel by the waterfront".

I've experienced a number of the Grand Dames of Fairmont and still have a special place for the Pacific Rim because of the xx10 rooms and the staff at the lobby bar. Even the residents are fun!

So I'm curious as to the "favorite" properties of other FTers here and why.

What's your recommendation?
Old May 5, 2012, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
My list would probably be:

best overall hotel: Fairmont Pacific Rim

great location and views, fantastic suites, excellent service, if I had to rate each individual amenity they´d consistently score a point or two higher than most higher Fairmont hotels. I´ve become somewhat critical over the years, but the Pacific Rim is close to perfect IMO, I´ve visited about half a dozen times since its opening and it´s one of the few hotels I very much look forward to returning.

best "grand dame" hotel: Fairmont San Francisco

Obviously the suites and general areas can´t compete with the Pacific Rim, but the character, history, location and service make this a great hotel IMO and I´ve always enjoyed watching the sun go down while drinking a glass of wine on my balcony

The Empress would probably be a close 2nd as the service has always been outstanding there.

best FPC benefits / treatment: Fairmont Singapore

It´s certainly not the best Fairmont hotel, not even the best hotel in SIN, but the value of using a suite upgrade cert can´t be beat: All suites are quite massive and all guests staying in a suite get comp. lounge access (full breakfast buffet, decent evening spread and comp. wine/champage).
Old May 6, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

The Palace in Montreux!!!

Beautiful hotel, incredible service and possibly the best views anywhere in the world. Our room was facing over lake Geneva and the Alps
Old May 6, 2012, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Fairmont Waterfront as I was graciously upgraded to a corner unit that overlooked Stanley Park and Coal Harbour and had a large bathroom with lots of windows to soak in the view from the tub while soaking in the tub.
Old May 7, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
The Savoy. I've loved my rooms, the public areas are great, the location is super-convenient for me, and such history.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Toss up for me between the Chateau Lake Louise and the Empress, although I do really like the Hotel Vancouver.

I appear to be a minority, but I was distinctly unimpressed with the Pacific Rim, I would only stay there again if it was signifigantly cheaper than either the HV or Waterfront.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
For us, Banff Springs for its faraway close grandeur, Kea Lani for its' 'heaven on earth' location, Mayakoba for the best Fairmont food bar none, and the Orchid for the best suite upgrades.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Fairmont has never been my favorite hotel chain. Every time we stay at a Fairmont property, there is always some little things which make the stay not perfect.

The only exception so far is the London Savoy. Our stay was awesome. So our top favorite would be this one.
Old May 17, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: hyatt
Fairmont Pacific Rim, just excellent
Old May 17, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I can't pick just one

Two are Kea Lani for the beach, snorkeling, and relaxing pool area.
Pacific Rim for the nice rooms, very nice WARM heated pool.

I'd put San Francisco NH lower on the list though. I didn't get much enjoyment from it. Nothing too special to me compared with the IC.
Old May 22, 2012, 4:23 pm

Lake Louise, Gold Floor. Excellent service, great views, and unparalled access to the outdoors. If only the Banff Spring's spa could be moved to Lake Louise...
Old May 25, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum
Lake Louise, Jasper and in Maui. Have not as yet been to Pacific rim to comment. Was very unimpressed with the Empress.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:22 pm

so many properties, so little vacation time...

Oooo, excellent question!

Many favs..

Lake Louise-that view!
Frontenac-tres romantic ;o)
Banff & Scottsdale-spa
Pacific Rim-magic, urban chic hip
Mayakoba-get away from it all, far away

Least fav. Royal York, disastrous service, tired, tired, tired rooms. Snarky staff.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
To date, we've stayed in seven Fairmont properties (Lake Louise, Sonoma, Singapore, Kea Lani, Pacific Rim, Empress, SF). We love the Fairmont Empress, particularly the Gold Floor, and so far it's the only location we're visited twice. We were there in November, and when we returned in February, all the staff there remembered us.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Difficult to chose. For the luxury I would say the Savoy. For the situation and the view I would say the Montreux Palace but Le Manoir Richelieu is not far behind. In the Urban hotel I would say the Pacific Rim, but I also like very much the Battery Warf (completely different style). For historic hotel, Le Chateau Frontenac.
Looking forward to try Scottsdale next week...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.