Wiki Posts
Search

How early is early; how late is late

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2010, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada
How early is early; how late is late

Early check in and late check out are available to me as a Platinum level. But... what does that really mean?? I am considering two stays when this perk could come in handy... Fairmont Newport Beach for a late checkout (6pm would be ideal) and Fairmont Turnberry (Miami) for a very early checkin (coming in on the red eye). Does anyone have experience with using this perk?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FamilyFour
Early check in and late check out are available to me as a Platinum level. But... what does that really mean?? I am considering two stays when this perk could come in handy... Fairmont Newport Beach for a late checkout (6pm would be ideal) and Fairmont Turnberry (Miami) for a very early checkin (coming in on the red eye). Does anyone have experience with using this perk?
Early is 12 noon and Late Check-out I've experienced up to 5 pm or 6 pm. For really odd requests like early check-in after a red-eye, I would phone the fpc platinum desk and/or the hotel to see what they can do.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
At some properties, they will do as early as 9 am. I've never asked for a late beyond 2 or 3 pm, so no experience there. But recently on a trans-atlantic trip, they accommodated a 10 am-ish check-in.

For more specifics, I agree with Ancien Maestro that it'd be best to contact the hotel in question and get someone in management to pre-arrange it for you.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
The standard policy for Platinum early check-in / late check-out (which also applies to guests who have booked through Virtuoso/AMEX etc.) is:

early check-in: 12.00 p.m.
late check-out: 3.00p.m./4.00p.m. (depending on property)

If you want anything better than that, I´d recommend contacting the hotel directly in advance.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Dec 10, 2010 at 8:54 pm
Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I think I read FPC platinum policy for late checkout is 5 pm and early arrival is 12 noon.. Jasper2009.. is your early check out noon.. couldn't be midnite for AMEX. That would be a free night's stay.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I think I read FPC platinum policy for late checkout is 5 pm and early arrival is 12 noon.. Jasper2009.. is your early check out noon.. couldn't be midnite for AMEX. That would be a free night's stay.
You´re right, though it would be a nice perk. Updated my post accordingly, probably too busy in the AC forum.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
You´re right, though it would be a nice perk. Updated my post accordingly, probably too busy in the AC forum.
Yeah, the FPC Armageddon of 2005 just happened with all of the Elite ACers.. on a global scale it seems.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I think it depends on ALOT of things. Relationship with hotel, capacity, etc...

However, I have checked into Banff Springs as early as 6 AM, and checked out as late as 9:30 PM!!!
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I think it depends on ALOT of things. Relationship with hotel, capacity, etc...

However, I have checked into Banff Springs as early as 6 AM, and checked out as late as 9:30 PM!!!
Wow, amazing.. The many stays and 100+ nights in this hotel.. can't say I've ever pushed those limits. Were you in need of rest?^
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada
Thank you

Appreciate your input. I'll speak to the hotel directly. Given that I never, ever have been able to sleep on a plane (!!!) I will need to crash for a couple of hours before my presentation.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:36 am

Don't mean to pile on but I've had 2 experiences working with the plat line who said they were able to secure early checkin at 9-10am. However, in both instances, the hotel had no idea of my request when I got there. As such, I'd also suggest calling the hotel directly.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by quank
Don't mean to pile on but I've had 2 experiences working with the plat line who said they were able to secure early checkin at 9-10am. However, in both instances, the hotel had no idea of my request when I got there. As such, I'd also suggest calling the hotel directly.
If you're depending on a special early check-in or late check-out, the only way its' going to happen is by phoning the hotel directly. This would be the only surefire way of getting confirmation.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Wow, amazing.. The many stays and 100+ nights in this hotel.. can't say I've ever pushed those limits. Were you in need of rest?^
Very much so. I had also just brought 100 room nights to the hotel that weekend, and was staying an extra night with a special guest, so they were quite accommodating.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:18 pm
Suspended

I recall how its always been inconsistent when booking early check-in and/or late check-out at any hotels. Recently, the Hawaii properties the late check-out was smooth in Maui.. over the years, its been so inconsistent, that I've always double checked at the front desk for the late check-out, that way its not a surprise on the day we're leaving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.