Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
1. Combining a suite upgrade cert with an AMEX FHR booking is absolutely no problem
2. Applying a free night cert is generally possible, however the hotel would be within its rights to refuse any benefits (such as the free breakfast) on that night
I've done this many times, and the benefits generally dont transfer to the free night, but of course, YMMV
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I have two free nights (Chase sign up bonus), plus upgrade certificate and a third free night certificate. Can I combine the two/three?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jediwho
I have two free nights (Chase sign up bonus), plus upgrade certificate and a third free night certificate. Can I combine the two/three?
You can definitely combine your free night certs with a room or suite upgrade cert.

You can't redeem a 3rd night free cert on a 3 night stay and use your free night certs to pay for 1st and 2nd night, however you could redeem your two free night certs and the 3rd night free cert on a five night stay.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
You can definitely combine your free night certs with a room or suite upgrade cert.

You can't redeem a 3rd night free cert on a 3 night stay and use your free night certs to pay for 1st and 2nd night, however you could redeem your two free night certs and the 3rd night free cert on a five night stay.
Awesome, thanks very much!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:55 am

Couple of questions: got a letter from Fairmont a week ago that I have earned two complimentary nights and that the "certificates will be automatically added to your Fairmont President's Club online profile.". Any idea how long it takes to post as I still don't see those certs.

Also, where on Fairmont's Website do you monitor how many points (through credit card and stays) one has accumulated. Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Couple of questions: got a letter from Fairmont a week ago that I have earned two complimentary nights and that the "certificates will be automatically added to your Fairmont President's Club online profile.". Any idea how long it takes to post as I still don't see those certs.
Were these the two free nights you received as a sign-up bonus for the Chase CC? If you, there's an extensive thread on the CC where people have reported their experience.

Also, where on Fairmont's Website do you monitor how many points (through credit card and stays) one has accumulated. Thanks!
The Chase Fairmont points program and FPC are completely separate. You earn points via your CC only. FPC is not a points-based program. Therefore you can only check the number of points you've earnt from the CC in your Chase online banking profile.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:48 am

Were these the two free nights you received as a sign-up bonus for the Chase CC? If you, there's an extensive thread on the CC where people have reported their experience.
Thanks! Yes, 2 free nights as a sign up bonus. I will check the thread out.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:35 am

I have two free night certificates (Chase Fairmont card). Is my understanding correct that I need to call Fairmont hotel 800 number to book the room and use the certificates? I am thinking about using them for the The Palms in Dubai.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have two free night certificates (Chase Fairmont card). Is my understanding correct that I need to call Fairmont hotel 800 number to book the room and use the certificates? I am thinking about using them for the The Palms in Dubai.
Not quite. It doesn't matter how you make the booking since you can apply free night certs towards an existing booking.

However, it would indeed probably be the easiest option to call FPC and make the booking and apply the certs at the same time.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Yes, call the Fairmont reservations line to apply the certificates. However, you don't have to make the reservation at the same time. If you already have an existing reservation and just want to apply the certificates to it, you can do that too.

Just remember to make sure their is availability in the "Fairmont Room" category for your stay, and also that your intended dates are not blacked out at that property.

EDIT - Looks like Jasper and I were answering simultaneously!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:10 am

Thanks! Is it easy to cancel a booked room with certificates and reuse them?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks! Is it easy to cancel a booked room with certificates and reuse them?
Yes, no problem at all since the certs are only redeemed once you check-in.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:02 pm

Yes, no problem at all since the certs are only redeemed once you check-in.
Booked two rooms using the two free nights certificates. Probably the best experience so far in hotel booking. The CSR spent easily 20 minutes going through all the options I had. My certs for upgrade expire in Feb and my stays are in March. So, he called up the hotel to see if they could comp me for the upgrades and I was given one. Pretty unreal how good the customer service is, particularly given that Fairmont will make $0 on this particular stay.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
How amenable is Fairmont to extending comp nights? We have one expiring in mid-June and a stay in mid-July (exactly one month later). Is that pushing the limit too far for a favor?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
How amenable is Fairmont to extending comp nights? We have one expiring in mid-June and a stay in mid-July (exactly one month later). Is that pushing the limit too far for a favor?
As you probably know the best approach is to expect nothing, but to ask politely. I'd say asking for your cert to be extended isn't impossible if:

(1) you have an existing business relationship with Fairmont (e.g. are you a first-time customer redeeming your free night certs from the Chase CC offer or are you a regular Fairmont guest redeeming your free night cert earnt from spending 100 nights at Fairmont hotels each year?)

(2) Are you just trying to redeem the free night cert for a one-night stay or does your stay generate any revenue?

I'd argue that Fairmont is among the few hotel chains which goes out of its way to accommodate actual (/regular) customers, but that doesn't mean any request will be met. Or to put it differently: I can think of various similar requests which were granted and declined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.