Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should my suite upgrade be reflected online?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Should my suite upgrade be reflected online?

Recently booked using Chase Free nights, and applied a suite upgrade, to a stay at Fairmont Grand Del Mar. When I look at my reservation online, the Room Description reads "Fairmont King". I was told on the phone I would be booked into a Prado Suite.

Should the online reservation read Prado Suite?
Old May 22, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
'Tis the same with my res. Says "Fairmont Room" online. Strange but true.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by dan9124
Recently booked using Chase Free nights, and applied a suite upgrade, to a stay at Fairmont Grand Del Mar. When I look at my reservation online, the Room Description reads "Fairmont King". I was told on the phone I would be booked into a Prado Suite.

Should the online reservation read Prado Suite?
This is one of the things about the Fairmont system that has been an annoyance to me for a while. It's normal that the booking online reflects the room you're paying for (and rare, at least for the past several years, that it shows the upgrade), and while the confirmed upgrade is in the system, it's invisible to you online. However, if you call the FPC reservation line, they will easily be able to send you a manual e-mail confirmation that reflects the upgraded room. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, or overly organized, or just old fashioned, but I don't like showing up at a hotel without having that printout showing what I'm supposed to get.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Sometimes it does, but more often it doesn't.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
This is one of the things about the Fairmont system that has been an annoyance to me for a while. It's normal that the booking online reflects the room you're paying for (and rare, at least for the past several years, that it shows the upgrade), and while the confirmed upgrade is in the system, it's invisible to you online. However, if you call the FPC reservation line, they will easily be able to send you a manual e-mail confirmation that reflects the upgraded room. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, or overly organized, or just old fashioned, but I don't like showing up at a hotel without having that printout showing what I'm supposed to get.
Since two bad experiences at a specific Fairmont property, I always ask for the manual confirmation to be sent, showing the upgraded room as confirmed. So I would not call this being paranoid...
Old May 23, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies everyone! I do have that manual email confirmation so I will be sure to bring that with me to the hotel.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Ours have always shown as what we booked, not what our UG confirmed to. Makes me a little nervous, but we've always gotten what we UG to - and a couple times, even a better room
Old May 29, 2017, 8:03 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I book through the FPC desk via email, they send me a confirmation that shows the suite upgrade, the reservation online shows the room I originally booked. Free nights appear on both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.