Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE

Until Midnight on Feb 13, use the coupon code "LOVE20" at checkout to receive a 20% discount on your order. This site sells certificates in CAD$100 denominations which can be used at any Canadian Fairmont property.

http://www.lifeexperiences.ca/
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Thanks! Tempted to use these to further reduce the already rediculously low $169 rate I have at Fairmont LL. Stacking the 20% off on top of my CDN-USD "discount" and this gets close to US$100 per night. Tempting!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Until Midnight on Feb 13, use the coupon code "LOVE20" at checkout to receive a 20% discount on your order. This site sells certificates in CAD$100 denominations which can be used at any Canadian Fairmont property.

http://www.lifeexperiences.ca/
It says "Gift Card/Certificates and coupon codes cannot be combined"
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Si_Ting_ca
It says "Gift Card/Certificates and coupon codes cannot be combined"
Yes, of course. That is to prevent people from buying a $100 Gift Card using the 20% code, for $80. Then using that $100 Gift Card, which was purchased at a discount, to buy another $100 Gift Card, for only $80, and get an endless loop of discounts! They closed that loophole a couple of years ago.

But, you can still buy a $100 Fairmont certificate for only $80. You then use them at the hotel like any other method of payment.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:29 am

Costco.ca has $100 Life Experiences E-Certs for $75 and Fairmont is listed as one of the redemption partners.

I'm not familiar with Life Experinces so I can't offer any feedback about this company. A friend did try to redeem at a hotel but was told that that particular hotel wasn't part of the program anymore, so perhaps partners come and go.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by znke252
Costco.ca has $100 Life Experiences E-Certs for $75 and Fairmont is listed as one of the redemption partners.

I'm not familiar with Life Experinces so I can't offer any feedback about this company. A friend did try to redeem at a hotel but was told that that particular hotel wasn't part of the program anymore, so perhaps partners come and go.
Wow. 25% off is a great deal.

The certificates are supposed to be accepted at any Canadian Fairmont property. I wonder if your friend took the generic lifeexperience certificate instead of the Fairmont-specific certificate? They should be able to redeem them either way.

I haven't used them in a couple of years. I like the discount, but the fact that they're only available in $100 denominations is annoying. I can't see myself handing over a big stack of certificates when I'm trying to settle a $5,000 hotel bill--that could take all morning to process!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by znke252

So, It's better to get the Life Experiences e-certs at Costco.ca at 25% discount and exchange towards Fairmont cert instead of using the "LOVE20" promo code to buy the certificate directly at Life Experiences with 20% discount, right ?

Has the Costco.ca deal been existing for a long period ?

thanks

Last edited by MasterGeek; Feb 6, 2017 at 10:47 am
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
I bought $500 worth of certificates from Costco for Life Experiences. Gift cards were issued within an hour, but it takes another 12 hours or so for them to be usable on the Life Experiences site. Checkout was easy and I had 5 $100 e-Certificates in my email box. I used all $500 at the Chateau Lake Louise this weekend without incident, so this looks like a good deal while it lasts.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by will5404
I bought $500 worth of certificates from Costco for Life Experiences. Gift cards were issued within an hour, but it takes another 12 hours or so for them to be usable on the Life Experiences site. Checkout was easy and I had 5 $100 e-Certificates in my email box. I used all $500 at the Chateau Lake Louise this weekend without incident, so this looks like a good deal while it lasts.
Were they clearly for Canadian properties only or were they normal Fairmont Gift Certificates?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobofoosh
Were they clearly for Canadian properties only or were they normal Fairmont Gift Certificates?
They are not normal Fairmont gift certificates. They are a 3rd party site that offers various gift cards, and providers redeem them through the lifeexperiences website, not through the normal gift card terminals.

I've never had difficulty using them before, but occasionally you may run into an agent who doesn't know what they are, and they need to get someone else to help.

Only the Canadian Fairmont properties are a part of the program.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Just to be clear on this, I buy a 25% off Lifeexperiences.ca gift card, then I go to Lifeexperiences.ca and use my gift cards to buy Fairmont gift cards, effectively giving me 25% off at Fairmont?

Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Just to be clear on this, I buy a 25% off Lifeexperiences.ca gift card, then I go to Lifeexperiences.ca and use my gift cards to buy Fairmont gift cards, effectively giving me 25% off at Fairmont?

Thanks.
Sort of. You're not technically buying Fairmont gift cards through the Lifeexperiences site. It will be a certificate that will be branded with both the LE and Fairmont identities, and the hotels redeem it directly from LE through a provider portal on the LE website. If you want to see one, visit a Shoppers Drug Mart. They currently sell the plastic version the life experience Fairmont certificate in their gift card racks.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:41 pm

Fairmont GC are not currently available through lifeexperiences.ca. Does anybody know the likelihood of them returning?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jar2542
Fairmont GC are not currently available through lifeexperiences.ca.
Damn! I was going to buy some next week! It does not look like a temporary thing:
Originally Posted by http://www.lifeexperiences.ca/product.php?region=1&product=2402
Sorry, this product is no longer available for purchase.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:54 am

Such a bummer. We decided to move our banff trip from next summer to this with the discontinuous of the fairmont card (gotta use our 3rd night free and suite upgrades!) was really wanting to purchase these to help with the paid nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.