Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I wonder what is going to happen to the lifetime platinum Living Social people?
They're going to cry. A lot.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
They're going to cry. A lot.
I think that as long as FPC maintains, any of the 113 will have a solid position to maintain their LTP..similar to the residences LTP.

once or IF the program changes to Accor program then it becomes more cloudy. Technically, the deal that was offered THROUGH Living Social, was a deal offered by Fairmont Hotels Group / Raffels Hotels Group and only delivered and marketed by Living Social. So, the contract was with and between Fairmont and the customer. Would it withstand a corporate acquisition, uncertain
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Hyatt refugee here, ready to move up the price point a bit to Fairmont. I'm a new Accor Gold but do not have FPC membership.

Fairmont is offering Accor members a stripped back status match. I don't see anything reciprocal for Fairmont members to Accor.

Details on Loyalty Lobby: http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/10/19/l...tinum-members/

or Fairmont: http://www.fairmont.com/promo/lcah-o...05895_7304739_

WELCOME TO FAIRMONT PRESIDENT’S CLUB
As a Le Club AccorHotels Gold or Platinum member, we’re delighted to welcome you to Fairmont President’s Club with two complimentary room upgrade e-certificates upon enrollment. But that’s not all—you’ll also enjoy all the exclusive benefits and privileges that come with membership, including:

Two room upgrade e-certificates – exclusively for enrolling through this offer
Private reception for express check-in and checkout
Personalized room preferences
Access to our health club
Fairmont Fit, workout apparel delivered to your room
Complimentary high-speed Internet access
Daily newspaper delivery and so much more
We can’t wait to introduce you to our 70+ luxury hotels and resorts set in some of the world’s top destinations. And now you have another reason to visit. Come away, upgrade your stay and turn your special moments into memories with Fairmont.
Anyone know the expiry on the two room upgrade e-certs?

I assume I should wait for an email and apply for this first before opening a FPC account.
Once I do that, I assume the 'normal' next step is to get the credit card.

I'll have zero problem getting 10 paid stays/yr. Any additional advice/guidance appreciated.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:33 pm

Well, today I was told by Accor to basically go f--k myself.

I am both FPC Platinum and Accor Platinum, and while I have requalified as FPC Platinum through to 2018, I did not with Accor. Given the status match options and offers that have been floated around, I sent a quick inquiry to Accor asking what I could expect, since other FPC Platinums have been offered a status match. Their answer: f--k off.

To quote:

As regards your membership with the Fairmont club I believe that we had a status match done for some of our members who had a Platinum status with that membership. Since your status with Le Club is already Platinum there is nothing to match at the moment since you have reached the highest status with our free membership as well. Your next status will be determined by your activity within the 365 day period since your account was upgraded to Platinum with Le CLub Accorhotels. Your Platinum staus with Le Club will not be automatically extended.
On the other hand, my SPG Gold turned into Marriott/Ritz-Carleton Gold as well. It's a shorter step in 2017 to go from Gold to Platinum over there than to go from complete zero in Accor back to Platinum, so I'm going to try to use up all my Fairmont certificates in 2017, and then its Marriott for me.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Accor clearly makes a mistake to not match FPC. Still some logic missing in their way of thinking.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by submonte
Accor clearly makes a mistake to not match FPC. Still some logic missing in their way of thinking.
They did sent out a status match.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Do Swissotel stays count towards FPC status? (10stays to Platinum)?
https://www.fairmont.com/fpc/benefits/

...Premier and Platinum members, your Fairmont President’s Club stay credits will accumulate with each room night stayed at a Swissôtel or Raffles Hotel & Resorts. Stay credit will be awarded based on the qualifying rate requirements of the brand where the stay took place.

So Swissotel stays count after min. 5 stays/10 nights per year at Fairmont as I understand. Anyone got Swissotel stays credited as FPC Club member?

Not what I mean. Vasco has requalified for FPC Platinum for 2018. He should be matched (requalified for 2018) to LeClub Platinum. So does Marriott with MR / SPG status requalification (vice versa) and it seems logical to me. The two worlds must come together step by step.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Submonte, I found that quote at the bottom of the page in your link. However, I found this in the chart toward the top: "Receive Stay Credits at Raffles Hotels & Resorts and at Swissotel Hotels & Resorts," with dots indicating that this is a BENEFIT TO REWARD YOU even for Club members!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Submonte, I found that quote at the bottom of the page in your link. However, I found this in the chart toward the top: "Receive Stay Credits at Raffles Hotels & Resorts and at Swissotel Hotels & Resorts," with dots indicating that this is a BENEFIT TO REWARD YOU even for Club members!
Aah, now I see what you mean, you are right. Thanks! Well I try it. There is one Fairmont hotel (no Raffles) in Germany only but some Swissotels. I try a stay and report here further. Had a (excellent!) stay at the Savoy some years ago as my only FPC activity so far.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Bitte sehr, Submonte ^ !
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
They should do an ongoing or automatic status match programme. I received the status mail email when I was still FPC Premier and got Accor Silver.

Now I am FPC Platinum, is there a way to have my match ajusted to Accor Platinum ?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
They should do an ongoing or automatic status match programme. I received the status mail email when I was still FPC Premier and got Accor Silver.

Now I am FPC Platinum, is there a way to have my match ajusted to Accor Platinum ?
Apologies if I've confused you with some other people I've seen writing on FT, but aren't you the one who got FPC Platinum only by getting the AC-SE promo code from someone, without actually having SE status? If so, you don't have much case to be upset about not getting a status match against another status you weren't supposed to have in the first place.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I am not upset, and I never stated that I am ineligible to use such code/benefit.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I am not upset, and I never stated that I am ineligible to use such code/benefit.
Strange. Because in this post you mention having no AC status. I would have thought that having no AC status would make you ineligible to use an AC-SE benefit.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:25 pm

As a FPC platinum member, I never received the October email that gave all FPC platinum members Accor platinum status until December 2017.

After emailing FPC guest services, I learnt that I wasn't qualified for that "promotion", because I already had Accor platinum status when the email was sent on October 20, 2016.

But my Accor platinum status expired in November 2016.

I repeatedly told FPC guest services that I want to be treated like all other FPC platinum members: having Accor platinum status until December 2017. But they were not listening.

Now this promotion turns me from a loyal guest to an unsatisfied member with both FPC and Accor Club.

What are my options here? Should I contact FPC to voice my discontent? I'm also Amex Platinum; not sure if Amex would help me with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.