Search

Banff, Lake Louise, or both?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Fantastic suggestions,thank you!

Is Calgary a city I should be thinking of staying more than one night in late August? To get a good feel for it is a full day or two spent there recommended?
I personally think a full day is more than enough, go to the top of Calgary tower, walk around town for an hour, have dinner and visit the Olympic Village in the morning (there are guided tours as well as reasonably priced bus tours).
Canīt think of much more interesting to do to be honest.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Jasper2009:
That was what I had imagined, thanks for confirming!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
have dinner and visit the Olympic Village in the morning (there are guided tours as well as reasonably priced bus tours).
Canīt think of much more interesting to do to be honest.
What's olympic village? I suspect you are referring to Winsport or what use to be called Canada Olympic Park and not Olympic Plaza?

Anyway if you are referring to Winsport have you been there since their recent redo? I know they have a sports museum but it has never crossed my mind to take visitors there before. The zipline and summer bobsled run seemed like the biggest reason to go there for me in the summer, unless you want to downhill mtn bike.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kokinos
What's olympic village? I suspect you are referring to Winsport or what use to be called Canada Olympic Park and not Olympic Plaza?

Anyway if you are referring to Winsport have you been there since their recent redo? I know they have a sports museum but it has never crossed my mind to take visitors there before. The zipline and summer bobsled run seemed like the biggest reason to go there for me in the summer, unless you want to downhill mtn bike.
Iīm actually not quite sure what it was called when I was there.

I did a guided tour probably 4-5years ago which included seeing some of the sports facilities (incl. "behind the scenes" places), the museum and a great guide telling us various stories around the Olympics.

IIRC I booked the tour through Brewster and I know it was very cheap (like <$50 incl. transportation to/from hotel).

I definitely found it worthwhile back then, but donīt have any more recent info, sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.