Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone get in on the Black Friday gift card promo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

It was $50 off a minimum $250 Fairmont gift card order and in limited qualtities.

I took a pass not having anything Fairmont stays on the horizon and while I know the GC's don't expire just couldn't tie up more dollars at this time of year but did anyone else grab the deal?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: British Airways
I got a few! Fairmont Orchid, here I come! (February )
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Not as good a deal as last year, plus it seems one has to pay shipping this time. (last year Fairmont covered the shipping cost within Canada/US)
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:59 am

I did it last year... was a better promo the last time around: $50 off min. $200 and free shipping. I spent $1,000 I think on the last holiday promo (saved $250), but won't bother this time around as it's not much added value or incentive, imo.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
From Facebook:

Our special Black Friday deal is SOLD OUT! However, to soothe stressed shopping nerves, we’re offering free shipping (Canada and USA only) on Fairmont gift cards until Saturday, November 26th at 11:59pm EST. Remember, shipping will be deducted from your order once you get to the Confirm page!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:51 pm

Yeah, shipping was free. It just wasn't reflected until the page where you had to verify your order before submitting. A lot of people didn't proceed with their orders after seeing the shipping prices displayed on the first page, either.

Sounds like last year was a better deal, but not significantly - I bought more than a few () $250 gift cards for $200, which saved me quite a bit. Since I'll be spending money at Fairmont soon anyway, this is good timing for me, and a good deal!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
I bought six for $1200, real value $1500 and free shipping. The only pain in the ... seemed to be that I had to do them separately as the total discount didn't show when I tried to buy multiple on the same order. With free shipping it didn't matter. Use these at the Mayakoba for my December trip.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Dunno why.. I haven't taken advantage of the Black Friday deal yet..

Although I'm eyeing up the Banff Springs incentive of $20 off $100 gift card currently offered at Calgary Costcos.. btw, the certificate includes additional 10% off Willowstream and 10% off all Food and Beverage.. I haven't seen the coupons first hand yet, but is included when you purchase the $100 gift card for $79.99

I've never seen this offered before.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Got in for 4, for our upcoming Hawaii trip. I was pleased...

Displaying the shipping charge until you got to the final page threw me and likely others too. I went ahead anyway, as it was still a savings only to discover the shpping charge disappear.

When shopping online, although I don't like it, I can swallow a shipping charge as it is a real cost to the business. But >$16 to ship a gift card?!?! C'mon, that didn't even seem reasonable! I imgaine that scared a LOT of people away.

Probably how I got 4, stinger got 6, pancacex got more than a few...
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by anti_ice
But >$16 to ship a gift card?!?!
Then again, of course it would be couriered. They all arrived today!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
I got 2x$250 GC on this promo. Will be put to good use in a couple of weeks in Chicago. Fairmont has great service as both my cards arrived yesterday!!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by epost77
I got 2x$250 GC on this promo. Will be put to good use in a couple of weeks in Chicago. Fairmont has great service as both my cards arrived yesterday!!
My cards arrived yesterday as well, superfast shipping!!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:02 am

Nice! Mine are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, hopefully in the morning so we can use them for our long weekend trip to Victoria :-D
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
I managed to get 4 of the $250 cards. I hope Fairmont really fixes their flow if they try this next year, the confusion around shipping, not being able to easily order multiple cards, and not knowing if the promo code was still available was really painful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.