Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gpapadop
No idea how much they are, he is not getting one
Yeah.. that too!

Still wouldn't mind knowing the retail price on the BMW bike..
Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
Hi everyone!

So, just2 good news to share with you!

First of all, i'm plat since Sept. and i got my early cert. (until feb 2012) and i got my plat kit!

the idea of my mom was to be Premier this year (she thanks me a lot to make them find and love fairmont hotels).

So we stayed at the Montreux Palace for 3 days, and i used one on my room cert upgrade.

Good news for me, she got the 3 nights, 1 stay, and i got 3 nights 1 stay too! =D (works everytime like this when a plat share a cert with family?)

And so, my mom wrote FPC this morning (because the last stay was just one week ago), and she got the premier status today too, and she got the early qualification upgrades! (valid thu feb 2012 too).

I was thinking the early qualification was only until end of sept.

So thats it! =)

We are just happy!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alelex
Hi everyone!

So, just2 good news to share with you!

First of all, i'm plat since Sept. and i got my early cert. (until feb 2012) and i got my plat kit!

the idea of my mom was to be Premier this year (she thanks me a lot to make them find and love fairmont hotels).

So we stayed at the Montreux Palace for 3 days, and i used one on my room cert upgrade.

Good news for me, she got the 3 nights, 1 stay, and i got 3 nights 1 stay too! =D (works everytime like this when a plat share a cert with family?)

And so, my mom wrote FPC this morning (because the last stay was just one week ago), and she got the premier status today too, and she got the early qualification upgrades! (valid thu feb 2012 too).

I was thinking the early qualification was only until end of sept.

So thats it! =)

We are just happy!
Excellent.. The early qualification kits is a cornerstone building FPC loyalty for the program..

Unofficially, before Sept 30, you're guaranteed a kit if qualified for status.. thereafter, the early qualification kits is upon availability..

I don't see a reason why Fairmont wouldn't just give the early qualification electronicaly.. even if kits run out.. Perhaps they do anyways, just haven't seen kits run out, and early qualification granted on electronic profile..
Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Excellent.. The early qualification kits is a cornerstone building FPC loyalty for the program..

Unofficially, before Sept 30, you're guaranteed a kit if qualified for status.. thereafter, the early qualification kits is upon availability..

I don't see a reason why Fairmont wouldn't just give the early qualification electronicaly.. even if kits run out.. Perhaps they do anyways, just haven't seen kits run out, and early qualification granted on electronic profile..
I will hit Plat the 25th November. It will just be incredible to have certs for 2011 Will see....
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:04 am

Programs: British Airways
using "non-transferable" certs if both spouses are staying

I just noticed that certs are "transferable" between family members for Platinum FPC members only. Well, my husband and I are premier. Does anyone know if "transferring" applies to us if we're staying together, or just to people who give their certs to a family member who's not traveling with the FPC member?

Long story short, my husband and I will be staying at a Fairmont and I was planning on making the reservation using my FPC account, but applying his certs certs once he receives them in January (they'll probably be available online only at that point, but I was able to use mine at this time last year). But since we're not platinum, are we not allowed to use each other's certs?

If someone could clarify, I'd appreciate it! I want the nights on my FPC account to go toward premier status for 2012 (mine will expire in Feb and I'm planning on re-earning it), but now it sounds like this might not be doable? Can we just ask that the stay be credited to my FPC account when checking in or out?

thanks!^
Old Nov 27, 2011, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pancakex
I just noticed that certs are "transferable" between family members for Platinum FPC members only. Well, my husband and I are premier. Does anyone know if "transferring" applies to us if we're staying together, or just to people who give their certs to a family member who's not traveling with the FPC member?

Long story short, my husband and I will be staying at a Fairmont and I was planning on making the reservation using my FPC account, but applying his certs certs once he receives them in January (they'll probably be available online only at that point, but I was able to use mine at this time last year). But since we're not platinum, are we not allowed to use each other's certs?

If someone could clarify, I'd appreciate it! I want the nights on my FPC account to go toward premier status for 2012 (mine will expire in Feb and I'm planning on re-earning it), but now it sounds like this might not be doable? Can we just ask that the stay be credited to my FPC account when checking in or out?

thanks!^
I believe the official policy is that your husband would also have to get stay credit if you were using his upgrade certs.

What I would probably do:

1. make reservation both under your and your husbandīs name and upgrade using your certs for the time being
2. when your husbandīs certs post online, contact FPC to let them know youīd like to use your husbandīs certs instead (shouldnīt be a problem, as youīll both be present)
3. nicely ask the check-in agent whether theyīd mind crediting the miles to your FPC account while redeeming your husbandīs upgrade cert

...as always, no guarantee this will work, but itīs definitely worth a shot, as Iīd consider it a bit of a grey area.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:33 am
Suspended

thanks!^
The official policy for Premier Members is the certs aren't transferrable.. but in the past, and not sure if it still works.. we make the reservation in the name that the certs are under and at check out, have the hotel front desk change the FPC number we want credited and should work..

Did this a number of times this year at various Fairmonts and the stay credit showed up as intended.. but we were both Platinum this year.. in the past as Premier, no problems..
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: British Airways
thanks Jasper and AM - sounds good, I will try asking them to apply the nights to my account, and if there's a problem, we'll just put them on my husband's account and work toward getting him Premier again instead of me. (Though it makes more sense for me to have premier status, since I'm the planner! )

I assume that if he gets 5 stays/10 nights in 2012 while already a Premier, he will remain Premier for 2013?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I assume that if he gets 5 stays/10 nights in 2012 while already a Premier, he will remain Premier for 2013?
Correct, or to be more precise, the following membership year (March 1, 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014)
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:26 pm
Suspended

thanks Jasper and AM - sounds good, I will try asking them to apply the nights to my account, and if there's a problem, we'll just put them on my husband's account and work toward getting him Premier again instead of me. (Though it makes more sense for me to have premier status, since I'm the planner! )

Thinking Back to my experiences.. you could call and prearrange to see if the hotel would book the reservation under your desired name, and use your spouses' certificate on your pre-booked stay.. Doesn't hurt to ask..

If you want to change the FPC# on your profile during your stay so that you can get stay credit, I would advise you do so before the hotel closes the books (charge the room charges onto the cc on profile or cc presented at check-in).. Once the cc is charged, its too late.. and the hotel accounting department will not reverse all of the paperwork, simply to give another member stay credit..
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Thumbs up Got early qualification

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I will hit Plat the 25th November. It will just be incredible to have certs for 2011 Will see....
I finished my stay the 25th. November. The stay was credited yesterday, and I called today to ask about my Plat statut...
10 minutes later I had the Platinum in my profile... with all crtificate expire 29 feb 2012
Thanks Fairmont !
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I finished my stay the 25th. November. The stay was credited yesterday, and I called today to ask about my Plat statut...
10 minutes later I had the Platinum in my profile... with all crtificate expire 29 feb 2012
Thanks Fairmont !
The physical kit may or may not be received, but its moot.. cause all of the certs have appeared on your electronic account..

Hurry, you'll need to liquidate the certs by Feb 28th, 2012, otherwise they'll expire..

A strategy I use is to use the certs after January 1st, 2012 because the stays that happen after this date actually count towards status qualification for March 1st, 2013 to February 28th, 2014.. Or, you can build up your spouse/better half to status, as the plat certs are transferable to spouse (including common law) and immediate family members (check T&C).

Quick strategy would be to apply for Aeroplat, and have your spouse stay 5 nights between Jan 1st to Feb 28th.. She'll qualify for status March 1st, 2013 to February 28th, 2014.. and early qualify for Plat as soon as she stays to 5 nights for the current membership year.. pretty easy using your transferable plat certs.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:29 am
kkv

I want to make a booking to use my Platinum complimentary night certificate. I am in the UK; do I need to call the International number (+xxx xxx xxxx) or is there a UK number? If I need to call the international number, what country am I actually calling so that I can figure out what time to call?!

TIA

Last edited by Jasper2009; Dec 6, 2011 at 11:51 am Reason: delete non-public phone number
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kkv
I want to make a booking to use my Platinum complimentary night certificate. I am in the UK; do I need to call the International number (+506 387 1767) or is there a UK number? If I need to call the international number, what country am I actually calling so that I can figure out what time to call?!

TIA
The intīl number directs you to the Platinum concierge desk in Canada (or the US?), so you need to dial 001-xxx-xxxxxxx.

Thereīs a regular res. number for the UK:
00 800 0441 1414

They should be able to apply a comp. night cert, but I īd use the Plat number for any other matters.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
Is there any fasttrack deal to Platinum status for US residents? Really wish we weren't effectively blocked from the Am Ex Plat deal for Canadian Platinum Am Ex holders. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.