Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance MegaDO 6 - On Sale 16 Feb. 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

SMD6

Last year was a very difficult year for the MegaDo organizers. We met with lots of busy airlines struggling with mergers, restructuring, new loyalty programs and more. We have had no less than 3 versions of this program ready to go, but each time had a piece fall apart at the last minute. However, this time the contracts are signed and we're ready to go!

Introducing Star MegaDo 6 -- The Rise of the Vikings (and the plastic plane) May 11th-13th! Official program starts at 8AM on Monday May 11th and ends Wednesday May 13th.

So what does the Viking part mean? On-board catering with a turkey drumstick eaten by hand? Robbing villages around Toulouse? You'll just have to wait and see

Here are some highlights, you don't want to miss this one -
-- A very exclusive and up close look at the new Airbus A350 - the future of aviation
-- Spend a day with Mark Schwab, President and CEO of Star Alliance and get a behind-the-scenes tour at their biggest investment in a long time: T2, The Queens Terminal at London's Heathrow
-- A day with SAS -- SAS put on an amazing show, one of the most loved programs of the MegaDo back in 2009. Now they are back and they are inviting us to spend the day with them in their hometown Stockholm. We'll get to take a look at their new Business Class and newly refurbished planes in addition to SAS Eurobonus, their revamped loyalty program with a brand new tier.
-- Club Carlson is our new hotel partner. Enjoy their top tier status Concierge with their compliments and join them for a very exclusive reception at their flagship property, the luxurious The May Fair in London.
-- More surprise status miles and points to follow
-- To kick off the festivities the night before the charter flight, there will a optional dinner hosted at Kitchen and Table at Arlanda Airport, Clarion hotel. Diamond members will dine for free as our guests, while Gold members will have the opportunity to reserve a seat before opened to general sales. Very limited seating at this awesome restaurant with spectacular views.

Transatlantic flights will be offered when booking goes live along with the host hotels, but feel free to book your flights to Europe using money/miles as there will be no restrictions or requirements to join the program starting in Europe.

You will be required to stay at the host properties to earn Club Carlson Concierge status. The Stockholm property will be about 120 dollars per night, while The May Fair will be around 250 pounds but there will be a less expensive sister property available in London, The Park Plaza Victoria.

The full program is posted on www.megado.com, so take a peek.

Booking will open at 12PM CST, Monday, February 16.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Thanks for the heads up. Might manage this one! I reckon it is tax deductible for me too :-)
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rehoult
but feel free to book your flights to Europe using money/miles as there will be no restrictions or requirements to join the program starting in Europe.
It would be helpful to mention specifics of where the event starts and ends for this purpose. I believe it starts in Stockholm and ends in London but that's not entirely clear.

Also, no prices listed. Seems like that's an important detail.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:48 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by sbm12
It would be helpful to mention specifics of where the event starts and ends for this purpose. I believe it starts in Stockholm and ends in London but that's not entirely clear.

Also, no prices listed. Seems like that's an important detail.
sbm12,

see below prices are listed on www.ikvliegveel.com

cost for the charter flights excluding hotel.
999 USD voor Economy class
1499 USD voor Exitrows middle seat blocked
1799 USD voor Business class

Looks almost the same as SMD1.

Have to see if it is possible to arrange days off.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Looks pretty cool. I' going to be in Europe anyway for Tulip Time so I think I can do this. Missed all the others due to other commitments but this one looks like I could do it. A good friend of mine won the trip to the 1st (I think) MegaDO via Randy and he said it was awesome.

Having transited T2 in LHR a few weeks back I can only imagine what the behind the scene is like. I literally walked a mile from arrival to my connecting flight.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
ROTFLOL

That was the first online abbreviation that learned way back when. $900 in coach for a couple of days of activities??
Club Carlson Concierge status That should bring in folks that are on the sidelines.

ROTFLOL.

ROTFLOL means rolling on the floor, laughing out loud.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:02 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
The events sound MUCH better than a tour of a luggage factory! So well done there.

And I am glad that the poor folks who bought FTEF/MEGADO LLC Elite status for thousands of dollars are finally getting a return on that investment. ^

But a bit tacky (imho) to not provide transportation to the last event at LHR.

All in all a vast improvement over the last offering, so kudos and good luck selling this one out! ^

Last edited by kokonutz; Feb 9, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Star Alliance MegaDO 6 - On Sale 16 Feb. 2015

YouTube video included here.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....e-next-monday/

AND https://megado.com/
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:11 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
YES!! Been waiting for news on this forever Had to miss out on the last one due to business travel.. I'm booking off now. Forget waiting till Monday

Last edited by Absolute; Feb 9, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

As an organizer, I'd love to see a bigger AC contingent show up
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Will we be able to get anything beyond 2K SAS points and plat at club Carlson. Not Much for AE or MP on this one.

Last edited by yul36; Feb 9, 2015 at 4:33 pm
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: HH Silver
As this is not specifically an Air Canada or Aeroplan topic it's been relocated to the Community Buzz! forum for further input.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
I would have loved to have looked into attending, but unfortunately the dates don't work for me
Looks like it will be a great time
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'll be going!

Originally Posted by yul36
Why will we be able to get anything beyond 2K SAS points and plat at club Carlson. Not Much for AE or MP on this one.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind some AQM, but I'll take what I can get.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:34 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, I wouldn't mind some AQM, but I'll take what I can get.
+1, AC AQM would be the big driver for me, as I need to push to re-qualify this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.