Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Funny posts guys. I 've been busy putting together an amazing Kickstarter on "How to Make Templates for Anything". Since the demand for it is a given, management is presently discussing whether to just ditch Kickstarter and just file for an IPO now! Of course I will give a generous portion of my share to...charity ^
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:15 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Funny posts guys. I 've been busy putting together an amazing Kickstarter on "How to Make Templates for Anything". Since the demand for it is a given, management is presently discussing whether to just ditch Kickstarter and just file for an IPO now! Of course I will give a generous portion of my share to...charity ^
Oh man, you use Charity the hooker, too!? What a weird coincidence!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Hmm, you are making me reconsider. Do you know if I make it there Delta Points has promised to leave Boarding Area? You are welcome!
There is a better chance of a post from TBB without a Amazon link than the chance TBB will EVER be a part of BA!

Last edited by Renes Points; Jul 31, 2014 at 4:43 am Reason: sp fix
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have a feeling Delta Points uses a template for the Delta Schedule Change posts
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Delta Points
There is a better chance of a post from TBB without a Amazon link than the chance TBB will EVER be a part of BA!
Why are you still posting on FT since this place is so bad?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:19 pm

Just as an interesting side note:

The domain name onemileatatime.com is listed as available on GoDaddy for $38,000
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
My perspective is a little different. Like many of you, I'm appalled at what Boarding Area has become but I still stop by anyway. I just ignore most of the repetitive credit card stuff, especially since I'm not much of a consumer at all let alone a mile/points hobbyist or an MS type. (I barely even have credit cards.) I focus instead on the entertaining original content in some of the blogs -- something few of you seem to appreciate about One Mile at a Time, for one example -- while at the same time reading compulsively the really inept blogs purely for spectacle of the thing. Bathos fascinates. I haven't flown Delta in a long time, for another example, but you all know whom I read, right?
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:47 pm

[QUOTE=FallenPlat;23316148] I focus instead on the entertaining original content in some of the blogs -- something few of you seem to appreciate about One Mile at a Time, for one example -/QUOTE]

I have one word for you: Krug!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Is there any reason BA management wouldn't want to weed out the low-quality, carnival barker blogs?

I would think it a higher percentage of the content was of better quality (i.e. - get rid of some of the junk) it might be a more interesting place for people to go. One would think the low quality blogs have less traffic, then again everyone wants to see car wreck.

Or is it that eyeballs beat quality when it comes to management's wallet?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Is there any reason BA management wouldn't want to weed out the low-quality, carnival barker blogs?

I would think it a higher percentage of the content was of better quality (i.e. - get rid of some of the junk) it might be a more interesting place for people to go. One would think the low quality blogs have less traffic, then again everyone wants to see car wreck.

Or is it that eyeballs beat quality when it comes to management's wallet?
It seems we have a winner
"Or is it that eyeballs beat quality when it comes to management's wallet?"
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
My new least favorite BA blogger, The Reward Boss, just published a highly unethical method of making dummy reservations to hold for suite night upgrades with SPG.

But don't worry guys, after he used circles and arrows, he says "it seems unethical" so it's all good.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
My new least favorite BA blogger, The Reward Boss, just published a highly unethical method of making dummy reservations to hold for suite night upgrades with SPG.

But don't worry guys, after he used circles and arrows, he says "it seems unethical" so it's all good.
Yeah that's pretty shady. Why post detailed instructions on doing something that one feels is unethical to actually do? I'm sure it's not to drive views and clicks, and goodwill from readers who decide to use that unethical method which they learned from his site.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Well folks, let's just cut right to it then: what on earth kind of value added does The Reward Boss (or any number of other similar blogs) bring to Boarding Area? What am I missing? I really want to know. And, yes Gpapadop, you're certainly right that there's more than a bit of "Johnny One Note" even to a lot of non-credit card posts; I just try to look past them to the more interesting stuff. One of the ironies lurking in all this is that many of the trip reports on FlyerTalk are way, way better than anything on just about any of the commercial blogs. Maybe it's like when amateurs used to win the US Open?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:17 pm

BA is all about eyeballs to the owners.

As far as the Reward Boss is concerned, he/she followed that up with a post promising to email all list subscribers pronto the latest mistake fare as soon as he finds it after spending all this time on FT (and a few others, riiiight).

And hey, from everyone, if you spend $250 on eatme.com you can get $10 off using your Amex cards. Thank God Amex cut them all off at BA and these Amex offers blog posts would have been even more nauseating. Sadly, the big blog pumpers kept their Amex links and are laughing all the way to the bank. Tragic indeed

And this is how the blogland rolls these days.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
The Reward B*%$ is at it again with some lovely comments on how to be "charitable" with KIVA... Oh brother

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.