Search

OMAT holding a kickstarter to fund his travel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:20 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
I have to be a destination man as many of my destinations are reached in Y

I enjoy his blogs from an aspirational view. A "Just how good can commercial air travel be"

After doing the residence his next kickstarter will need to be "Fund my private jet trip"
He has been there, done that, got the t-shirt: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ht-of-my-life/

Who says bloggers don't get special treatment!?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Beating Lucky up on line -- and doing it over and over again -- for not being some kind of junior grade Rick Steves is really pointless. Doing it without a sense of humor is even more pointless. And then mixing it all with criticism about his personal life is yet more pointless still.
+1.

This entire thread has left me wondering what exactly transpired between Ben and one of the posters. My reading of the situation is that one poster in particular has a personal axe to grind with Ben, and is using this thread as a platform to vent his/her personal frustrations with him rather than with his blog.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The law school I'm at is offering a trip to South Africa next year for people interested in civil rights. It's going to cost between $3,500 and $3,800. One of my classmates started a GoFundMe for her to go today.

Totally made me think of this thread
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
I did not donate to the kickstarter. I am sure OMAAT would have enjoyed it but afterwards, going back to international first class might be unbearable for him...

I’d rather contribute to enable a group of elite bloggers to stay here for a week. Points are not accepted, and it could create fresh insights for the bloggers and some laughs for the readers.

From Seth's blog:

http://blog.wandr.me/2011/01/the-wor...tunis-tunisia/
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMK10
The law school I'm at is offering a trip to South Africa next year for people interested in civil rights. It's going to cost between $3,500 and $3,800. One of my classmates started a GoFundMe for her to go today.

Totally made me think of this thread
Now that's something I can get behind!

ps, good luck with law school. Just just passed the FL bar.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by kokonutz
He has been there, done that, got the t-shirt: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ht-of-my-life/

Who says bloggers don't get special treatment!?
Just wow!

Got to say I like his writing style as much of a bashing he is getting here..

Last edited by cyclogenesis; Sep 30, 2014 at 11:28 am
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
And, with that, I think the point has finally been reached when this thread has reached the end of its natural life.

("Do bloggers get special treatment?" sounds like an interesting new topic.)
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Now that's something I can get behind!

ps, good luck with law school. Just just passed the FL bar.
Thanks! And congratulations to you. I agree btw, in fact I gave her $25. If you want to chip in, go for it!

http://www.gofundme.com/f652nc
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
And, with that, I think the point has finally been reached when this thread has reached the end of its natural life.

("Do bloggers get special treatment?" sounds like an interesting new topic.)

Ladies and Gentlemen, dear kids,
I would tend to agree. The original kickstarter is long gone and will probably remembered well into the next internet decade.

May this thread rest in peace.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.