Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:58 pm

I don't understand why everyone is being so negative towards Canadian kilometers. First of all, after reading his blog post, this isn't the first time that someone posted this only. Like he mentioned in the post, its not a tricked route, simply a sweet spot in the award redemption.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by babypuwet
I don't understand why everyone is being so negative towards Canadian kilometers. First of all, after reading his blog post, this isn't the first time that someone posted this only. Like he mentioned in the post, its not a tricked route, simply a sweet spot in the award redemption.
I'm not being negative towards him...I'm just pointing out that password protecting a blog post means very little. People share the password the same way they do other information. In some cases that means it gets posted openly.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I'm not sure of your point. That post was password protected. The password was freely available without following any of your steps to obtain it.
Let me give you a better example. The lock I put on my lugguage is going to be weaker than if I had a safe with $10000 in it....
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I'm not being negative towards him...I'm just pointing out that password protecting a blog post means very little. People share the password the same way they do other information. In some cases that means it gets posted openly.
Yea, because last time I publicly posted the password.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC*G; BD*G; CX; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diam
I think yerffej201 has taken measures to be discrete and I think people shouldn't be ripping into him
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Must be jealous that you didn't get a slot.
I know you've only been around for 2 years. RL is one of the original masterminds of the fuel dump, and many other tricks, that you have no clue about.

Thats just disrespectful towards someone who has contributed to the FT community more than your blog ever will.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I know you've only been around for 2 years. RL is one of the original masterminds of the fuel dump, and many other tricks, that you have no clue about.

Thats just disrespectful towards someone who has contributed to the FT community more than your blog ever will.
Let's look at his post again:

... I wonder if his partner got his secrets from this secrets group ...

Bloggers should find their own matariel instead of ripping off of FT
I don't care what RL has done or who he is. Not if RL is going to accuse me of ripping secrets from a group he isn't even involved in. So someone who discovers THE fuel dump has the right to be disrespectful to me?

Why would I care about people who hate me?

"You haven't made it in life if everyone likes you. Anyone that's at all successful has people that hate them."

Everyone have a good day.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu

@:-)
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:52 pm

nevermind

Last edited by maverick17; Dec 6, 2013 at 4:13 am Reason: 2nd thought
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Im guessing he could give a **** whether he kills the route or not, all he is thinking about is a quick $.

This is why we cannot share these routes openly, cos you will get people swooping in who have made no effort to work out these routes and then both profit off other peoples hard work and at the same time kill the route.
There's no way he cares.
There are bloggers who blog because they love this game. And bloggers who think they can make money.

Gary Leff, for example, doesn't kill deals because he loves this game and he came from this community.

This guy clearly wants to make money.

People like us who are on this forum and discussing tricks offline or meeting up across the country do it because we love it. We want to fly and see more, and we just enjoy the hobby. It's very dangerous now bloggers who don't have the same passion for the hobby are now profiting. And the content shows this.

I hope more people can tell the difference between these sites. And ultimately, the better content will come from people who love it.

... I'm so annoyed lol
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:10 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Not the first time this fool's made a ballsy move ... only to redact/apologise/get defensive after we rip apart his integrity.

Best thing to do is cut off. Let him find his own tricks to share with his village people.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Yea, because last time I publicly posted the password.
Main advantage I see to password protecting a blog post is that it can prevent Google from finding it. And that is a valuable attribute, even if the password was publicly posted somewhere else.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Main advantage I see to password protecting a blog post is that it can prevent Google from finding it. And that is a valuable attribute, even if the password was publicly posted somewhere else.
Yep, I have started password protecting things I'm not sure about (in terms of how hot it is) for just this reason. I know for a fact that members of my list pass on the password to other people, I've actually watched them do it, but they are passing it onto other people in their little networks (twitter).

Therefore, the argument that password protecting doesn't work because it can be gained without screening is somewhat redundant, since the only people I see sharing are the people most vocal about the weakness of a password.

Funny thing that.

Anyways folks, I just thought I would pop my head in here and say hello to you all, since I did post something on LM with a password, but I decided to pull it and not post any more on the matter since I spoke with one of the trickster folk who conveyed the amount of pleasure he derives from this, and the amount of effort he put into working things out.

Hope it lives long and prospers.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Ahh US/LM knew the tricks discussed by the Aussie group, they just didnt care and it is all a racket. But now that it is out in the open they may have to act to contain yhe masses. ( google does a wonderful job exposing these tricks as long as they are discussed in public)

A lot of you are thinking that LM is represented by some low skilled CSR who is trying to make a decent living. Not true, LH and all alliance members affected are reporting these issues as they occur. LM didnt care !
Never underestimate your adversary if one can say it like that without prejudice. But that is another story...

What really pisses me of about some second class bloggers is all of that "Hat Tip" garbage they use

Just say it, "I stole this info from Flyertalk!!!"
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LM is run by a company run by various loyalty program veterans. Just look at their bios in Linkedin. They know very well what is and isn't possible in the industry. Loopholes are OK if the fix (be it software or chart adjustments) is costlier than the damage caused. If the thousands pile on, it will be fixed double quick...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.