Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff
While the bullets are flying at that "poor" fella, I wonder how we feel about Jeff's newest blog post, hmmmm ...
FYI to any concerned FTer, I screen who gets the pw. It's not an email blast. Sure you can fake a twitter handle. Doubt any company would do that.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
FT should have a pre-condition, that if you are a blogger you cannot participate on FT!!!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
FT should have a pre-condition, that if you are a blogger you cannot participate on FT!!!
?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Must be jealous that you didn't get a slot.
If Raffles longhaul wanted in on any private group I was running, I would find someone to kick out to let Rl in. I'm sure Rl has no need to be jealous.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
In many cases, bloggers can also add information to a discussion.
(i.e. many Muccis are also bloggers, yet they keep the BA board very informed and a fun place to be.)
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
If Raffles longhaul wanted in on any private group I was running, I would find someone to kick out to let Rl in. I'm sure Rl has no need to be jealous.
I don't care how much he knows or does not know, but if he doesn't even know me well and just lumps me with all the other bloggers who kill deals, he could know every single trick in the world and I wouldn't give a f.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:07 pm

FYI to any concerned FTer, I screen who gets the pw. It's not an email blast. Sure you can fake a twitter handle. Doubt any company would do that.
Sorry I doubted you!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by scibuff
I wonder, was there ever a copyright discussion here, e.g. whether it could be made at all, if any form of copyright on information sharedhere can be enforced etc.

I'm in no way suggesting it, I was just wondering if anyone talked about it in terms of preventing leaks?
This is absurd. I'm actually laughing out loud that it was even suggested. Copyright a tricked route and sue for it? hahah , how are you going to prove who came up with it originally?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't care how much he knows or does not know, but if he doesn't even know me well and just lumps me with all the other bloggers who kill deals, he could know every single trick in the world and I wouldn't give a f.
You'd only be concerned if you were ripping off FT, reread his post . I welcome original bloggers, but they are few and far between at this point.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
And yet FTer's choose to judge erronouesly and continue stereotyping. Not all bloggers kill secrets, LOL. Must be jealous that you didn't get a slot. *sigh* I've got seasoned FTers in my group, you think they wouldn't be mad if i posted something?
I assume all blogs are innocent until they are proven guilty.
The past, however, shows that they tend to act out of self interest.
(think about the prisoner's dilemma-it is almost exactly the same thing with blogs.)
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Stop being so righteous. You are AS bad as the blog without the password.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
well hang on - I think we would agree all of those characters purported to act in the interests of the proletariat - similar to the glorified posturing and pseudo-martyrdom of the individual in question, who apparently argues that he's sticking himself onto the crucifix not to peddle a few credit card links to the gathered gawkers, but rather, for, you know, mass enlightenment. :P
It is a dissociative response, similar to the other blogger who posted and then stepped back from it. Blogger basically says, "I'm not one of 'those bad people', I'm Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Robin Hood and Lenin, all in one (HT: Pseudo Nim)." The blogger removes the blogger's self from "those people", and then infers that they are lower class than the blogger is, while the "loyal readers" of the blog are not in that class of individuals that the blogger is inferring are not of similar moral standard. This is a pattern that has repeated itself multiple times across multiple blogs, often with name-calling.

This particular blogger, though, like many showed some talent originally, but has since gone to peddling CC links and subpar content. This post is an example of subpar content, there are multiple potential issues with someone booking one of these as he describes (such as needing a visa for a country that is particularly hard to get for a likely majority of his readership). And he peddles CCs in especially poor form, failing to notify people that his offers may not be the best offer available and heavily promoting at least one particular offer that is not the best available offer for the applicant. However, it is the best offer for him. This actually doesn't even bother me, honestly, but it needs a disclaimer. Something like this: "My offers provide me with referral credit. My blog is not free to maintain, and takes a lot of my personal time in coming up with these offers. There may be better offers out there for a particular card. You are clearly not required to use my links when applying, but usage of my links helps to support this blog and myself." It is not that hard to be honest.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
I don't think you do screen it. A previous time you did a password protected post I was able to find someone else on twitter openly re-tweeting it in just a few clicks without involving you at all.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
Stop being so righteous. You are AS bad as the blog without the password.
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I don't think you do screen it. A previous time you did a password protected post I was able to find someone else on twitter openly re-tweeting it in just a few clicks without involving you at all.
That was because it wasn't a tricked route at all?...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
That was because it wasn't a tricked route at all?...
I'm not sure of your point. That post was password protected. The password was freely available without following any of your steps to obtain it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.