Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by aussie_flyer
really? Because last time you had a tantrum and 'quit' the lm forum it only lasted a week or so
^

Originally Posted by tcook052
i believe you when you say there will be a next time.
^

Originally Posted by mlqsko
@:-)
^
Old May 30, 2014, 11:07 pm

Only been in this game for about ~ 4 years, but I don't think I've ever witnessed one guy single-handedly annihilating a FFP; and then to feel no remorse for it WOW...

I mean if i f'ed up big time like that I'd feel pretty crappy about it, but like Mr Kwok said, I wouldn't have told everybody about my big snafu
Old May 31, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by DarrellDoesDallas
Only been in this game for about ~ 4 years, but I don't think I've ever witnessed one guy single-handedly annihilating a FFP; and then to feel no remorse for it WOW...

I mean if i f'ed up big time like that I'd feel pretty crappy about it, but like Mr Kwok said, I wouldn't have told everybody about my big snafu
And he always insists on having the last word, and that is always " I did no wrong"! Some kids never learn, I guess!!
Old May 31, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
And he always insists on having the last word, and that is always " I did no wrong"! Some kids never learn, I guess!!
Typical of many of the (younger) BA bloggers and other under 30 bloggers MMS! TPG! etc. They are over entitled and don't care. Oh, and did you know today is the last day for Chase Ink 60k offer.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
Originally Posted by cruisr
Typical of many of the (younger) BA bloggers and other under 30 bloggers MMS! TPG! etc. They are over entitled and don't care. Oh, and did you know today is the last day for Chase Ink 60k offer.
Characteristic of being a millennial, part of the Me, Me, Me generation. Entitled and complain when things doesn't go their way. They don't care who they hurt or what the consequences are.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: SQ
I just don't understand why anyone would share these tricks. They were fortunate enough to learn them from a kind reader or friend.

As if they found the trick on their own.....

Oh, hey, let me write about all of my experiences and make money off of them, because I know so much more about travel than you do......
Old May 31, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
I just don't understand why anyone would share these tricks. They were fortunate enough to learn them from a kind reader or friend.

As if they found the trick on their own.....

Oh, hey, let me write about all of my experiences and make money off of them, because I know so much more about travel than you do......
It's not even the sharing of the trick. It's that when it blew up he went to DOT, the airline got hit with a fine, and the loopholes/tricks are gone. He got compensation. Now it's gone for everyone. He could have manned up and not filed with DOT, which is something a more mature person probably would have done.
Old May 31, 2014, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by bigasiannd
Characteristic of being a millennial, part of the Me, Me, Me generation. Entitled and complain when things doesn't go their way. They don't care who they hurt or what the consequences are.
Thank goodness I missed being part of the millenials by a year

I dont think its generational. Its unfair to say all of them are growing up stupid. There have been stupid/selfish people in every generation. In this case, too much information, not enough knowledge as said upthread.
Old May 31, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by cruisr
It's not even the sharing of the trick. It's that when it blew up he went to DOT, the airline got hit with a fine, and the loopholes/tricks are gone. He got compensation. Now it's gone for everyone. He could have manned up and not filed with DOT, which is something a more mature person probably would have done.
All he ever had to do was have a backup plan B to get to TPE or wherever...after all he knew his ticket violated cabotage regs long before, we know this, even though he insists on insinuating otherwise. Unfortunately his only plan B was - the DoT is always on my side, therefore I'll still get to fly and BR/AV will just have to pay $25k for the privilege.
Old May 31, 2014, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Thank goodness I missed being part of the millenials by a year

I dont think its generational. Its unfair to say all of them are growing up stupid. There have been stupid/selfish people in every generation. In this case, too much information, not enough knowledge as said upthread.
Well, I'm stuck in that generation for the rest of my life, but I'd like to think I didn't grow up stupid .
Old May 31, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by bigasiannd
This has nothing to do with age and everything to do with character. I'm a millennial who would never, in a million years, act the way KM did to kill this trick. I'm sure there are plenty others my age who would do the same thing, and plenty of selfish, naive, likely stupid people from previous generations who would happily kill a trick if it would earn them $1000. Bernie Madoff doesn't listen to dubstep, you know?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
To be completely honest, this might indeed be just a coincidence and has nothing (or not much) to do with Jeff.

While his action 'might' have been a contributing factor I think the infamous 'Alexander Koenig Newsletter FIRST CLASS AND MORE' that is distributed commercially and in large numbers in the german speaking community did FAR greater damage. I for one am 100% convinced LM fixing their bugs has to do with the commercial advertisement and publicity of said subscription.

If we like it or not, LM tricks are a beaten horse and we have been able to ride it for a very long time. It was just the question WHEN Lifemiles will discover all these unused cupons and open tickerts, WHEN United & Asiana will realize the huge number of No-shows on certain routes and, yes, WHEN someone will get kicked in the guts while flying on a Cabotage ticket. Not how, not who. WHEN! And this time is here now.

Let's take advantage of the yet still undiscovered options but be prepared that game can come to a standstill rather sooner than later. The airlines are not as stupid as we would like it. Or maybe they are, it just takes them an extra learning curve to make up for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.