Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

O Hotel Suites - Vetro - Would stay again, but room for improvement.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, Aeroplan, FPC

O Hotel Suites - Vetro

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

O Hotel Suites - Vetro

210 15 Avenue SE Calgary, CA T2G0B5

Would stay again, but room for improvement. (0 Photo)

O Hotel Suites - Vetro

O Hotel Suites is a different type of hotel concept. They have furnished condos that they rent out as hotels. See below for my review of the Vetro Luxury Suite in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Rented this condo during Calgary Stampede as I was there for business. I am a regular(weekly) business traveler to Calgary and I regularly stay at the Fairmont Palliser and Hyatt. However this time I stayed at the condo due to availability and price during the Calgary Stampede week.

Positives:

Price was decent considering how much regular hotels overcharge during this time.

Condo is upscale and up to date/very modern. They have done a good job of decorating it and making it appealing to the business traveller.

Check-in/Check-out staff are super friendly, courteous, professional and very good at what they do. Extremely helpful and answered all of my questions. They definitely got this part right! It’s hard to find good staff these days and they obviously have the right people!

Location was right across from Stampede grounds and right by Stampede Grounds c-train station. Perfect location when there are no cabs available so it's easy to walk around everywhere.

Parking underground is a nice touch and easily accessible.

Condo is extremely spacious and the view is amazing. More than enough room for a couple to stay in.

Negatives:

Housekeeping only comes weekly. You can pay extra to have them come more often. I wish they provided daily housekeeping.

Free toiletries provided are not enough for a 3 day stay from a shampoo and soap perspective so expect to bring your own. Although there is a Shopper's Drug Mart downstairs so that’s fairly easy to refill yourself.

Cleanliness was not up to par. While all the sheets and towels were clean and nothing was out of place, there was a lot of dirt on the bathroom counters and the couches have seen their fair share of wear and tear and there were also nail clippings on the couch from the previous tenant.

There was no chair for the desk, instead I had to use the bar stools at the kitchen counter.

Free WiFi is available but it is as slow as a turtle. They should upgrade their Internet package in the condo.

Check-in is in a different building so it is a pain to get your check-in keys. However in all fairness, they will meet with you to arrange drop off at the condo if you need. I think if they had check-in at the airport, this would go a long way to fixing things. They should just have a booth at Calgary airport.

No blow dryer in the bathroom unless I missed it. But I couldn't find it anywhere.

The bed in the room was not queen sized, it was a double so it was a bit small for my wife and I. It should be at minimum queen size.

There was also no kleenex box provided in the room.

There was only one set of keys provided. They can be shared via an outdoor lock box. To be fair they will provide a second set of keys if you ask for them, but I didn't know I had to ask for this in advance when I booked.

Overall

Summary:

Overall I think they did a great job and considering it's a furnished condo trying to emulate a hotel experience, I can understand why they wouldn't necessarily be up to the same standard as a premium hotel. However, they wouldn't have to change much.

Personally, if they had daily housekeeping service, airport check-in, and fixed up some of the cleanliness issues, I would consider staying there every business trip.

Would I stay again? Yes I would, but I would try to ensure that they fix some of the issues I experienced (blow dryer, kleenex, cleanliness, second key).

Would stay again, but room for improvement.

Would you like to write a review on the O Hotel Suites - Vetro?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.