Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air to fly non-stop JFK<->TPE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, BA, DL, UA
EVA Air to fly non-stop JFK<->TPE

According to this article on Chinese-language Chinese World Jouranl, Eva Air's NY new chief said due to stiff competition in JFK, EVA will start non-stop service on JFK-TPE route, also update its business class cabin and add one more flight per week.

Chinese World article
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:58 pm

Great find!!!! Here's the google translation:

http://translate.google.com/translat...e%3Dnybusiness

Wangpei Ji said, the end of October 2011 Evergreen Newark airport from the new success of the relocation to New York Kennedy Airport, the face of larger and more intense market competition, Evergreen will be launched this year more initiative to open up more opportunities and potential visitors. Evergreen New York June 4, Taipei route plan will increase to five round-trip classes, while New York to Taipei direct flights will no longer stop in Anchorage. Wangpei Ji stressed that direct flights can significantly shorten the flight time, so that visitors, especially the elderly and children more comfortable; as restrictions on hours of work crew, this crew of Evergreen will invest more in this route. In addition, full service business class upgrade Laurel, New York routes used by the Boeing 777 aircraft is expected to spend one to one and a half or so to change compartment, since April this year, a steady stream of business class passengers will enjoy the 180 degree lie flat seat comfortable chairs and cockpit configuration to adopt fish bone type, each seat near the aisle. EVA Air Business Class upgrades may want to pay attention to attract more high-end passenger flight comfortable ride.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Now I wonder if they will up the amount of mileages required to upgrade or get awards on New York.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:01 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
This was announced & discussed a little while ago (sorry, I don't know how to link the thread though).

LAX
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, it says it will go from 4x to 5x per week starting in June and nonstop JFK-TPE. It is not clear to me whether the elimination of ANC is seasonal (since it won't be as windy starting in June) or not.

PL will have the new fish bone lay out starting April, the article said - will take 1-1.5 years for all the planes to be reconfigured.

Also, "in the near future, EVA will join international class frequent flyer programs, so EVA members can better use their miles" - we are approaching 1 year to the *A leak but still no official announcement...
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Hmm if they start flying to JFK (instead of EWR) and join an alliance, I might just start flying EVA to TPE and connecting from there.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blackmamba
Hmm if they start flying to JFK (instead of EWR) and join an alliance, I might just start flying EVA to TPE and connecting from there.
They shifted from EWR to JFK in October. This is saying that JFK->TPE will become nonstop instead of stopping in ANC. Right now TPE->JFK is nonstop.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:38 pm

when?

So when will this actually happen?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Announcement was made on 2/22.

Starting 6/18,

Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat BR 31 19:05-22:00 TPE/JFK
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun BR 32 01:45-05:35 JFK/TPE

Nonstop both ways.

Chinese: http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/Chine...flights_zh.htm

English: http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/engli...NewYork_en.htm
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Sweet! Once EVA air joins *A I'll book this award ticket
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yeah this sounds like an amazing move for EVA. EWR just wasn't cutting it. It also puts direct competition to CI.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:59 am
HCA

If the "new" UA miles can redeem on EVA...
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by keithwang
According to this article on Chinese-language Chinese World Jouranl, Eva Air's NY new chief said due to stiff competition in JFK, EVA will start non-stop service on JFK-TPE route, also update its business class cabin and add one more flight per week.

Chinese World article
Does the JFK-TPE (BR0031) stop over in Alaska or is it a true non-stop?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:41 pm

It is a true nonstop!

Just reread the EVA Air official announcement.

Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.