Big news with the Thalys program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Big news with the Thalys program

Just got this email. A nice award promo and now you can use Thalys miles on TGV trips from Brussels.

Benefit from a 25% discount on a range of destinations:
only 1,500 Miles (instead of 2,000 Miles) to travel between Paris and Brussels, or Lille and the Netherlands
only 1,600 Miles (instead of 2,250 Miles) to travel between Paris and Germany
only 1,800 Miles (instead of 2,500 Miles) to travel between Paris and the Netherlands.

Offer valid on all bookings made before 15/12/2014. Subject to availability.

New: Travel from Brussels to France on major TGV lines with your Miles.
Do all the traveling you want around France using your Reward Tickets on TGV lines. Departing from Brussels, discover Marne-la-Vallée, Lyon, Valence, Avignon, Bordeaux, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Nîmes, Toulon and Nice.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:38 pm

Still, Thalys miles are pretty valueless, specially if you consider every mile = 1€ spent (0,5€ for Gold and higher card holders). You can get some miles for free rather easily (Thalys Inside Panel...) and I just received 100 miles for my birthday (sorry for spoiling the surprise), but the general benefit is still limited.

As for its frequent traveller system, I believe Thalys has lots of room for improvement.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm Platinum which obviously means I travel a lot and earn a lot of miles. So adding places to use them is a good thing. I've taken plenty of free Thalys trips with these miles so they have value to me.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by JuanSaco
As for its frequent traveller system, I believe Thalys has lots of room for improvement.
They don't really need it, as they have a near-virtual monopoly on their route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.