Wiki Posts
Search

DB has some serious customer svc issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Platinum, Hilton-Gold, Hyatt-Platinum, M Hotels, Gold
DB has some serious customer svc issues

Earlier this year I posted about tickets my mother and I had purchased from Coepnhagen to Bueckeburg. The tickets were FC on the ICE from Copenhagen to Hannover via Hamburg and then on to Bueckeburg. Three hours in travel turned into three days. We never saw the FC section, were left on a platform in subfreezing temps for 3 hours, were unable to get ANY help from the DB employees and even had to walk from the bottom level of the ship to the top deck when the train crossed the Baltic (the conductors were long gone and did not tell us where there was an elevator) The last leg of the trip resulted in FC seats being the metal steps of the train. Numerous issues occurred and by the end of the journey my mother and I both had pneumonia. Some comments suggested I was exaggerating, however, my mother is now in a hospital here in Las Vegas on life support and it has been suggested that there is no opportunity for recovery and that I should 'let her peacefully slip away.' No one can imagine what that experience was like unless you have been a contestant on Survivor and when traveling on DB you had better make sure you would qualify as one. Contacting customer service by email has been useless and if necessary I will make a trip back to Germany and have a personal discussion with someone from DB myself. Any suggestions as to how to contact DB in a way that actually elicits a response would be very much appreciated. It will save both DB and myself a really unpleasant experience. Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: bahn.bonus, FB, EB
So sorry to hear about your mother.

When and where did you make your first posting? I can't find anything in the archives.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Amex
Sorry to hear about your mother. However, as stated by Will Fly Småland, there is no such post on FlyerTalk. Did/Do you have another ID here on FlyerTalk?

I do have several questions:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.