Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Stuck. Adding pre made reservation to TheCard Thalys?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just made reservation for 2, AMS to Nord Paris via Thalys. After the fact, I made a loyalty acct for Thalys TheCard.

Any idea how to add my reservation to TheCard website? Want to accrue miles.

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Seems like this is not possible (the TheCard number must be provided during the booking process), although this FAQ entry doesn't deal with reservations but with journeys that have been made before registering:

https://www.thalysthecard.com/home/faq_en#5.11

However, maybe the hotline (phone numbers to be found in 5.12) can help. But all other railway loyalty programs that I know (including but not limited to DB bahn.bonus) don't allow card numbers to be added after the ticket has been purchased, so quite likely, this also won't be possible with Thalys.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:08 am

Indeed, it's not possible to add reservations after the booking has been created, I've tried through the call center without any success.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
i've had succes via Twitter.@thalys_en
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:18 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Ghentleman
i've had succes via Twitter.@thalys_en
Updating for completeness. No longer possible via Twitter.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I didn't notice this thread before, but I've done this via the hotline. I have Platinum status though so maybe that helped. They also instantly take care of failed trip postings, or posting trips where the controller didn't scan my card, etc.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
or posting trips where the controller didn't scan my card, etc.
Points will only be credited after the conductor scans the ticket or card? Good to know (although I'm not a Thalys member), this is different for DB where points will also post if the journey isn't taken (unless the ticket gets refunded).
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bruce80
Points will only be credited after the conductor scans the ticket or card?
Yes and they almost always scan the ticket or card or mobile BP. But every once in a while maybe I'm in the bar car or bathroom or maybe there's a strike and it doesn't happen.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes and they almost always scan the ticket or card or mobile BP. But every once in a while maybe I'm in the bar car or bathroom or maybe there's a strike and it doesn't happen.
Well, in my experience, they always want to get a quick peek at the ticket upon boarding (never understood this, but if it helps to keep people from boarding first class and then moving to second class through the train it's fine with me - altough they once, several years ago, I was denied boarding without them checking my valid first class ticket), and they have always scanned the ticket at some time (which you really cannot say about DB, especially on local trains).
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, in my experience, they always want to get a quick peek at the ticket upon boarding (never understood this, but if it helps to keep people from boarding first class and then moving to second class through the train it's fine with me - altough they once, several years ago, I was denied boarding without them checking my valid first class ticket), and they have always scanned the ticket at some time (which you really cannot say about DB, especially on local trains).
They don't do this at every station. In Paris and Brussels they pretty much always do, but not so in Schiphol, Koln, and a few others I can't recall now.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:01 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by eap
Updating for completeness. No longer possible via Twitter.
The Thalys TheCard website has a chat function. I just had success asking this using this chat. According to the person I chatted with they are allowed to link 1 trip a year to your card manually.

Points will only be credited after the conductor scans the ticket or card? Good to know (although I'm not a Thalys member), this is different for DB where points will also post if the journey isn't taken (unless the ticket gets refunded).
The miles for my outbound trip immediately appeared on my account. The inbound trip has not yet posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.