Community
Wiki Posts
Search

France - SNCF 12-25 Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 4:08 am
Original Poster

France - SNCF 12-25 Pass

So, my brother will be accompying me on an upcoming trip, he's 18. The 12-25 pass will save significant money on 1st class SNCF TGV fares, and I'd like to finalize my reservation currently in holding using SNCF's site. However, I cannot purchase the 12-25 card online for him as we reside in the US. The site allows you to purchase a card for just about every other country in the world (Yes, the Maldives are on there), but the US. So..ok..no big deal. can you purchase these cards from the machine in the stations in Paris? The problem isn't so much not letting me purchase a card online, but not allowing me to deliever to a US address.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 26, 2004, 8:43 am

The information on the French version of the Carte 12-25 site says to order through raileurope.com for cards to be sent to the US:

"Pour retirer ou vous faire livrer vos billets dans un pays autre que la France, veuillez sélectionner votre pays dans ce menu déroulant. Pour les pays d'Amérique du Nord (Etats-Unis, Canada), l'Australie et le Japon, veuillez effectuer votre réservation sur le site http://www.raileurope.com "

You can also get the card at train stations in France (you'll need a photo), or purchase it on-line and pick it up at a ticket window once you're in France.

[This message has been edited by Louie_LI (edited Jan 26, 2004).]
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: QF, HH
Noticed some great super-cheap fares for my train legs around France with this "carte 12-25" and am thinking of getting one. However, I'm an Aussie and our country isn't listed in the dropdown "Countries" menu on the website.

I've looked all around on both Raileurope.com and Raileurope.com.au but can't seem to find anything there, other than the regular French Railpass for youth.

The French railpass looks to be getting somewhat pricey once you had the entire cost up including reservations, and I'm thinking of cheaper point-to-point tickets, booked on the French sncf website, which might be another option.

If I'm coming from Brussels, and going all the way to Toulouse in one day, can I buy one of these 12-25 cards over the counter during my "layover" in Paris, changing trains? In which case, if yes, could I pre-purchase my tickets now, selecting the 12-25 option on the SNCF website, and that I have the card, but then do this and purchase one there, before I get on the train?

Alternatively, any advice for purchasing one online?
Old May 2, 2012, 12:52 am

And further info on this at all?
Old May 2, 2012, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Catweazle
And further info on this at all?
Sure, there's lots of info in the Euro Rail forum. Click here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...il-travel-654/
Old May 2, 2012, 8:48 am

(Ah, of course, forgot we had that here. Any chance one of the Mods could move my question over there, or shall I repost? Thanks! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.