Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Elipsos Trenhotel Paris to Madrid - Any recent experiences? Ticketing Advice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb

Am in the midst of organizing a 10 year anniversary trip to Europe in April and am contemplating taking the train between Paris and Madrid.

Does any one have any recent experiences with the Trenhotel in Grand Classe?

Also, in ticketing, there is apparently a promotional price called "Mini Duo" which is significantly cheaper that the regular price - do you know if this fare is per cabin or per person?

Thank you for any insight.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium), HH Gold, AA Exec Platinum, Avis Presidents
Unfortunately, I can't give a review on the Trenhotel in Grand Class, but I actually booked a trip yesterday from Barcelona to Milan and had the same question about the fare (whether it was per cabin or per person).

I called Customer Service and they confirmed that the price was indeed per person...it was confusing because the promo has the word "duo" in it. Have a good Anniversary slickalick!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to use this train. However, there is lots of information about it on Seat61.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 5:45 pm

I took my family two years ago from Paris to BCN. Great trip.

My advice, book on the trenhotel site, not on the American sites, prices were lower. Book as soon as tickets are available, they sell out very fast. We had two Gran Classe rooms, worth every penny. Enter how many people you are booking for and the price will come up for the group.

I used seat 61 to learn all about the process before I booked.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:57 pm

I'm going to be doing the same thing from Barcelona to Granada in the fall, so I'll be interested in what you think of Grand Classe. Considering the price of a hotel room, meals and train tickets, the Trenhotel seems like a good option. Just as Bogwoppit said, book quickly.

Seat61.com is great, and if you have any specific questions you can email the man who runs it. He was really helpful with my RENFE tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.