Wiki Posts
Search

DB Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

DB Lounge Question

Hello,

I will be traveling from Amsterdam to Frankfurt Flughaven in a few days. As a 1st Class passenger, will I have access to the DB Lounge @ Frankfurt Flughaven upon arrival?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:30 am

You should get lounge access on arrival as a first class passenger. However the lounge is nothing special.
cheers
757DUD
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Could you describe the amenities offered?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I remember they had uncomfortable chairs, crappy coffee and some worn mags and newspapers in German. Unfortunately no free wifi or beer.

MisterNice

Last edited by MisterNice; Jul 27, 2010 at 2:19 pm
Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Writing from the DB Lounge. Free drinks and ice cream. No boos. Enjoying the WiFi at least!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sorry if it is too late, but the NS High-speed lounges in Amsterdam are VERY nice with a full complement of drinks, including alcohol. One at Centraal and one at Schiphol.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Sorry if it is too late, but the NS High-speed lounges in Amsterdam are VERY nice with a full complement of drinks, including alcohol. One at Centraal and one at Schiphol.
Can the NS High-speed lounge in Amsterdam central be used with a bahn.de 1st class ticket or would I have to buy the tickets from nshispeed website to use the lounge?

Price from bahn.de (FRA to AMS Central) is 139 euro r/t while nshispeed is charging 178 euro.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't know the official answer, but I'm pretty sure it will work fine with any kind of FC ticket. There were several Germans waiting in the lounge for the next ICE train the last time I was there. I think the hostess just looks for any kind of international first class ticket.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:21 am

One more things for future visits: They have 2 different lounges at DB. The most ones are the usual "DB Lounges" for passengers going 1st + loyalty members. Some stations have First lounges for 1st passengers only, they are marked with a * behind the station on this website:
http://www.bahn.de/p/view/service/1klasse/lounge.shtml

those lounges offer more service: Free WiFi (with T-Mobile passes that are handed out), wider selection of drinks (even champagne and beer) and some snacks (soups, vareity of bread, salad, fruits). You will be served seated!

So: Enjoy the better 1st lounges!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: QR Silver,FB Gold,M&M Blue
Originally Posted by kexbox
those lounges offer more service: Free WiFi (with T-Mobile passes that are handed out), wider selection of drinks (even champagne and beer) and some snacks (soups, vareity of bread, salad, fruits). You will be served seated!
I can confirm that. A while before I used the DB Lounge in Munich Main Station and there was a separate 1st class area. We ordered wine and beer and we were served at our seats for free. They had also a selection of snacks to order for free. I asked the service staff if it was a new service and they told me that they were offering 1st class lounges in Frankfurt and Munich at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.