Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Weekend in Amsterdam in late November. Want to stay off the beaten path - ideas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weekend in Amsterdam in late November. Want to stay off the beaten path - ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2023, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Inspired by the Amsterdam episode of Ted Lasso, I booked a quick trip around American Thanksgiving to my favorite city in the world (arriving in the morning of Saturday, Nov. 25th, leaving Monday afternoon). I'll be spending two days in each of London and Amsterdam and may or may not end up meeting up with a Spain-based friend on the way to the latter. The idea is to hit the locations seen in the sixth episode of the third season, but also to stay outside of the center of the city and see some new-to-me things. I've been to Amsterdam close to a dozen times, but haven't really explored the non-touristy bits. One of the things I definitely want to (at least try to) do is see Ajax play Vitesse, but I won't know ticket status until early November for that one. Haven't yet decided on where to stay, either, and could use some help there - will depend on what cheap-ish point redemptions with either IHG, Hyatt or Hilton (or a combo of Best Western points and cash) I can come up with, most of which right now look to be either in the southern/southeastern or northern/northeastern part of the city - or even Almere. Not really after museums on this go. Ideally would spend the two days walking/biking around cool-looking scenery, be it nature, architecture or what have you. May or may not have a car at my/our disposal (definitely won't if solo, but more likely than not will otherwise - else it'll be a bit complicated getting to Amsterdam from London via Brussels since there are track works that weekend and no direct trains), so factor parking into the equation, as well.

Appreciate any recos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.