Wiki Posts
Search

Geneva Priority Pass lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Geneva Priority Pass lounges

Anyone got any recommendation for which lounge to use in Geneva for Priority Pass holders?
Choices are the Horizon Lounge or the Dnata Skyview lounge (formerly Jet Salon?).
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:17 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by Gumbieben
Anyone got any recommendation for which lounge to use in Geneva for Priority Pass holders?
Choices are the Horizon Lounge or the Dnata Skyview lounge (formerly Jet Salon?).
Hi,

The Horizon lounge is larger. The Dnata lounge can get crowded if a lot of people are waiting for AF/KL flights. In terms of service, they are pretty similar, although I would say that the Horizon lounge has a better selection of newspapers. Both offer free WiFi these days (in the Horizon lounge, they post the code of the day, in the Dnata lounge, you just connect to the SSID).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Just came from both! The Dnata lounge has a better choice of snacks although Horizon looks twenty times nicer and more modern. They have essentially the same offerings, but Dnata had more packaged goodies (pretzels, Swiss strudels, etc) while Horizon had a box filled with Swiss chocolates. The staff in the Horizon lounge is much friendlier too!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Starbucks Gold
The Swiss Air Business Class Lounge is now listed on the PP website, as well, as an option. Is it better than the other two?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:05 am

Hi,

Originally Posted by PTSBrian
The Swiss Air Business Class Lounge is now listed on the PP website, as well, as an option. Is it better than the other two?
I haven't been through the lounges recently, but the Swiss lounges have been totally refurbished, so it's probably worth a visit. I'm just puzzled as to whether the Horizon and the Swiss business lounge are actually one and the same.

I'll check it out next time I'm going through.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
I'm just puzzled as to whether the Horizon and the Swiss business lounge are actually one and the same.

I'll check it out next time I'm going through.
It appears to me that they are different, and that the Swiss lounge was fairly recently completed.

I also see that this is the designated *Gold lounge (at least according to some sources) so it is most likely the one I'd end up in... especially if it's nice.

Anyone else have experience with the Swiss Business Lounge in GVA?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by PTSBrian
I also see that this is the designated *Gold lounge (at least according to some sources) so it is most likely the one I'd end up in... especially if it's nice.
Oddly, the designated *Gold lounge in GVA is the Swiss First lounge (otherwise only open to LH/LX FC pax and M&M HONs). Next in the pecking order are the Swiss Senator lounge for * FC pax and M&M Senators, and the Swiss Business lounge for BC pax and M&M FTL (LH/LX *Silver).

I have only been to the *Gold lounge since the refurbishment; it is usually fairly quiet, quite nice (a couple of notches posher than the Dnata lounge), but the morning croissants in the old Jet Aviation lounge were superior . I understand all the Swiss lounges have a similar 'limestone and soothing shades of brown' decor, and should thus be fresher than the Dnata lounge I am familiar with from my FB days.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by monahos
Oddly, the designated *Gold lounge in GVA is the Swiss First lounge (otherwise only open to LH/LX FC pax and M&M HONs). Next in the pecking order are the Swiss Senator lounge for * FC pax and M&M Senators, and the Swiss Business lounge for BC pax and M&M FTL (LH/LX *Silver).

Now that's interesting. Because the United page about *A lounges says the Swiss First lounge is only for those travelling in Intl. F and designates the Swiss Business lounge for all others. Obviously, though, the Swiss page seems more reliable on this point. (Actually the UA site is pretty much unreliable on every point, it would seem.)

In any case, sounds like whichever Swiss lounge is the *A or the PP lounge, it's superior to the other options. Thanks all.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:14 am

Hi all,

Just an update on the Dnata Skyview lounge. They have moved into a new part of the terminal, behind security as well.

The new lounge is much roomier, and has windows looking towards the tarmac. Seating is comfortable, and WiFi still works (as I'm sitting there writing this).

One slight downside: power plugs can only be found under floor panels closer to lamps. You would think that, in this day and age, lounges would have easy access to power plugs.

Food/drink offering looks very much the same as previously.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:41 am

Programs: spg Gold for life / Ba gold / LX Sen / Hyatt Globalist
Dnata Skyview Lounge

Hi all,

Just to let you know that the Dnata Skyview Lounge has now an improved food options and new wines / drinks as well. Also more newspapers

- enjoy
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:06 am

I've had the same question as the OP. After visits to all three Priority Pass lounges in GVA I have come to the conclusion that In my opinion the Horizon lounge is a little bit to small without the "right relaxing feeling" (to crowded). My choice is between the Swiss lounge and Dnata. The later is not at all bad with views over the Jura mountains. Highly recommended! I had two calm hours for myself in the lounge one week ago, see photos below. The Swiss Business lounge has always been a little to crowded during my visits. As regards finger food and beverages, it's a draw between Swiss and Dnata in my opinion.

Last edited by zebcal; Aug 18, 2010 at 12:37 am Reason: deleting links (errors)
Old Aug 16, 2010, 2:23 pm

Missing photos...

The DNATA lounge photos mentioned in the earlier post...

View over the Jura mountains

Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I'm travelling through GVA in a couple of weeks on the way to NCE on EZY. For Priority Pass holders, is the choice still between the Swiss Business lounge or the Dnata Lounge? I will be at the Motor Show so probably have a couple of hours to kill. Is the Swiss Lounge still up the stairs before you get to the BA Terraces. And presumably, Schengen flights now depart from the main terminal building rather than any of the satellites?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:39 am

The Swiss lounge hasn't moved.

Some Schengen flights still use satellites. This won't change as the main terminal has a very limited number of bays, mostly monopolized by legacy airlines' flights to their hubs.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I'm at GVA now and I think my flight will be going from the French sector. Can you move between the sectors airside so I can still use the main lounges, or am I out of luck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.