Milan Airport Hotel Question (MPX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2005, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star

Hey all,
I got thinking about this after reading the thread regarding Lake Como hotels.
I need to spend a couple (~8) hours between a flight and train coming up in Milan.
Does anyone have a good receommendation for hotels right at Malpensa airport?
I don't want to get realy expensive, as it's only to sleep for few hours and then head out in the morning. But if there is something akin to the Westins or Hiltons usually attached to airports, that's be great!

Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No hotel on site, to my knowledge. Never stayed at one nearby, but this is where you find them:

http://en.venere.com/hotels_milan/ai...ilan_malpensa/

The map in that page is very small scale. probably close to 30+km across.

When we leave from MXP, we overnight in Gatannaria, which is about 50km to the NW.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:18 am

The IC website lists a Crowne Plaza onsite, although I don't recall seeing this hotel. And the website's pictures do look a little fishy: exterior like a prefab Motel 6, not a living soul in any of the 17 photos, and view of skyscrapers from a bedroom window... Perhaps is it new?

As I recall, hotel prices near MXP are very high for what they are.

Last edited by monahos; Dec 8, 2005 at 8:22 am
Old Dec 11, 2005, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by monahos
The IC website lists a Crowne Plaza onsite, although I don't recall seeing this hotel. And the website's pictures do look a little fishy: exterior like a prefab Motel 6, not a living soul in any of the 17 photos, and view of skyscrapers from a bedroom window... Perhaps is it new?

As I recall, hotel prices near MXP are very high for what they are.
It's not open as far as I know. Perhaps a hotel by the Milan train station(s) would make more sense for the OP than a hotel by the airport? There are more options in town than by the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.